01

[soojin's pov:]

"you sure you have everything you need?" my mother asked me. i swung my backpack over my shoulders and checked myself before looking at her. "you don't need to worry mom. i think i got everything."

"you think," she chuckled, "you have your pencils, your journals? oh, do you have extra pads?"

"yes, yes, and mom, please. i have everything," i reply, my cheeks tainting a light shade of pink. she gave a simple grin as she quickly kissed my forehead, waving goodbye. "have fun. text me when you get out."

"alright, i will. bye mom. be safe at work," i told her. i gave a quick wave back and turned on my heels as i walked closer to the entrance doors, entering the school building. instantly, i walked over to my locker to put in other nonsense things i didn't need. because of course, why would i carry such nonsense things in my backpack the whole day?

with a quick flick, i closed my locker and walked over to my homeroom class, room 3A. to be very honest, i still can't believe i have made it this far in high school. i mean so far, nothing bad has happened to me... or so i thought.

before i could even step foot into the classroom, a girl, by the name seoyul, cut herself in front of me. all i can tell you is that girl's trouble. whatever it was, she managed to always find a way to make my life miserable.

"you could say excuse me," i said first to her. she looked at me, with her piercing eyes, and finally lets out a scoff. "and to think i would ever say excuse me to a low-life girl like you. you make me laugh!"

i stood there clamping my fist tightly at my side and tried not to show it. "can you please move? unlike you, others are trying to get to class," i said. her expression on her face became stern as she pressed her lips together. she leaned in closer and suddenly had some kind of death stare, like she actually wanted to kill me. "i'll move when i feel like moving, not when you tell me to. got it?"

i didn't say another word. i just wanted her to get out my face. she gave a false smile and turned around, entering inside the class as she made her way to her seat. i let out a soft sigh and walk in. my seat was closer to the back rather than the front, but i didn't complain. minutes later, our homeroom teacher entered and just like that, the school hours started.

ring ring!

yay for dismissal bell! i quickly get out my seat and leave the homeroom class. i pulled out my phone texting my mother i would stay after school for the next 30 minutes. my eyes and fingers were so focused on my phone that i tried my best dodging these students coming at me like speeding bullets. luckily, i managed to send the text and quickly ran over to the music room, grabbing the door handle as i opened the door and entered in. but i stopped dead in my tracks.

i looked at the guy. he had rich black hair, slanted eyes, fair skin, and a defined face but he sat at the piano looking at me with a blank expression. i realized i stared for too long, so i tried gathering my thoughts.

"s-sorry. i thought no one was in here," i managed to say. he suddenly stood up, stretching while yawning slightly. i stared at him but looked away quickly. he grabbed his backpack and a few papers that seemed to have music notes written on them. as he walked towards the door, i felt the need to say something... so i did.

"wait. i can leave. you don't have to leave, you were here first," i said to him. he stopped dead in his tracks when suddenly i heard a soft sigh come from him. "you can go ahead take the piano. i have no need for it."

"but--" i tried saying. but before i could finish, he left. i stood there dumbfounded. pouting slightly, i looked over to where he once sat and went over to sit on the piano bench. i pressed a key and sighed softly.

one thing i knew for sure, i saw the look of annoyance in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~
a/n: whoo! first chapter! so what do you guys think? give a vote and comment below! thank you smol beans! *throws hearts*