09

[yoongi's pov:]

*around the same time soojin was heading home*

pabo, pabo, pabo. i sighed as i approached the front door of my house and unlocked it with the key i had. instantly, the smell of smoke and drunkedness filled the air but i was used to it. who else would be smoking other than my father.

"yoongi?" my father's voice calls out. i went straight to the kitchen, completely ignoring my father, to grab a glass of water.

"yoongi! get your arse in the living room!" my father's voice belowed. with an annoyed expression on my face, i set the glass down onto the counter and walk to the living room with my backpack still strung over my shoulder.

there, i see my father laying on his lazy bum in front of the tv with some crushed beer cans, some beer bottles, and a few used up cigarettes laying across the table and the floor. absolutely disgusting.

"go to the store and buy some more beer for me," he slurred slightly. "you're drunk enough already. anyways... i'm underage," i softly said as i stood there staring at him. i watched as he gave a sickening cough. "just go get me some god d*mn beer bottles!"

i stared at him in disbelief. my father, who has been there ever since my birth, was a complete narstatistic. he only cared about himself. ever since mom died, i've had to be in his custody. he's brought nothing but pain towards me. there was no love and frankly, i don't think i even had space for it. i was tired of being told around by the old man.

"just stop drinking. you're drunk already," i angrily said back at him. i turned my back to him when suddenly he roughly grabbed at my arm and yanked me back, causing me to drop my backpack. "what? WHAT?! what are you going to do?" i screamed. before another word could come out my mouth, i felt a sudden pain come across my right cheek and jaw.

swaying slightly to the left, i held my jaw and felt the pain emerge from the touch of my skin. the stinging sensation stayed there as i stared at my father.

"listen here boy, i didn't ask for you to sit here and do nothing. you're absolutely nothing but a piece of worthless crap! if i want beer, then you better get me my d*mn beer," he said, the smell of rotten teeth and of his foul breath blew into my face.

i had gritted my teeth but soften my facial expression for it had hurt too much. grabbing my backpack, i shoved myself past my father and left the house.

i can't stay in that house. i really can't. at this point, anywhere else was better than to the house of that wretched old man, the one who is called my father.

[soojin's pov:]

"soojin-ah, is it alright if you can quickly go to the corner store and buy some more toilet paper? we only have one roll left," my mother called out from the bathroom.

i set my pen down on top of my homework and quickly stood at the door of my room. "just a roll of toilet paper?" i asked.

"yes, i believe so. but hurry and be quick about it. there's a few cash in my purse on top of my bed. you can use that," she said.

"alright. i'll be back!"

quickly, i threw some jeans on and wore a jacket over the tank top i wore and went downstairs where i put on my converse.

it was almost 9pm. cars still roamed the streets as i walked along the sidewalks, passing by the park on way. when i finally came across the corner store, i entered the place and quickly went to find some toilet paper.

toilet paper, toilet paper, toilet paper.

i finally found the sign that directed me to the toilet papers. stack upon stack, the toilet papers were wrapped neatly and stacked up neatly against each other. i took one pack that had 12 inside.

as i carried the pack of toilet papers, i walked over to the cashier and saw the same guy as before. i smiled, "annyeong jimin."

"ah, you're back again, and buying toilet papers this time," he chuckled as he rang up the item. "yeah," i chuckled.

"that'll be 3405.30 won, please."

i pulled out the cash my mom had let me use and paid for it. handing me the receipt, i thanked him and took the toilet paper rolls. "annyeong jimin," i smiled. "have a good evening!"

on the way out, i carried the toilet paper in my hands when suddenly, i saw someone sitting just on the outside chairs of the store. they were slurping their noodles. but the back of the person looked surprisingly similar to someone.

"yoongi?" i asked softly.

he suddenly looked at me chewing his noodles but i gasped slightly, seeing a huge purplish bruised smacked onto his right cheek.

"o-oh my gosh, yoongi... y-you have a huge bruise on your cheek."

"mm, yeah, i know," he softly said. he went back to eating his noodles. i stared at him seeing he was still in his school uniform and his backpack laying on the ground next to him.

i walked closer to him, placing the pack of toilet papers on top of his table and sat in a chair next to him. "yah, let me see it."

"don't worry about it, i'm fine. go home soojin-ah."

"stop being stubborn. let me see it," i softly said i slowly reached for his face to carefully turn his cheek towards me.

"stop! just leave it alone! i said i'm fine," he suddenly outbursted. i stared at him in shock, but calmed myself.

"no, yoongi. you're not fine. look at yourself."

yoongi had his head lowered but i could feel his stare on me. so i tried one more time. "yoongi... let me see your cheek... please."

there was silence between the both of us, but he gave up letting out a small sigh. hesitantly, he showed his face and turned his cheek with the huge bruise on it towards me. i pursed my lips together, trying to gather the right words to say.

i rose my fingers up to his cheek, slightly just grazing them lightly onto his skin, but he winced slightly. "what happened? how'd you get the bruise?" i asked.

"it's nothing. i had hit my face onto something when i fell out of bed," he mumbled as he sat back in his chair. i raised an eyebrow, "but that's a pretty big bruise."

i sat there silently thinking to myself when suddenly the thought came into mind. remembering what seoyul had said earlier at school had got me thinking. i looked at yoongi only to see his gaze staring at the bowl of ramen noodles in front of him. so i gulped slightly and mustered up the courage to ask him.

"yoongi?... what did seoyul mean when she said you were getting beaten down by your father?"

~~~~~~~~
a/n: i know, yoongi's point of view was short! im sorry ;-; huehue. thank you guys for reading, vote and comment below?