11

[yoongi's pov:]

the next morning, i woke up on my side. the pain in my cheek and jaw reduced slightly over the night. that's when i remembered i wasn't sleeping in my own home. the house was warm and didn't feel so empty. quickly getting out of bed, i change back into the school uniform i had on yesterday.

folding the pajamas back neatly, i made the bed and grabbed my backpack off the floor and went downstairs to the smell of oatmeal. that was when i saw soojin's mother in the kitchen preparing two bowls of oatmeal.

"ah, yoongi, isn't it?" ms. jung smiled widely, "come and eat before you go to school."

clearly, soojin wasn't downstairs yet, so i awkwardly made my way to the dining table where her mother had a bowl of warm oatmeal placed upon a table mat. it felt weird having her do this for me. for once, it felt nice. it felt perfect.

so i pulled out the chair for me to sit on as i went ahead and took a taste of the oatmeal. it was delicious at that too. as i continued to eat, i heard the sound of footsteps walk down the stairs to see soojin all ready to go.

"morning mom." she went over to her and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"breakfast is on the table. make sure you eat before going to school," her mother told her. that's when soojin's gaze automatically planted on me. i licked my lips slightly of the remaining oatmeal flavor, and then quickly looked down. soojin joined me by sitting down next to me and began eating her bowl of oatmeal quietly.

i remembered yesterday last night, when she found me at the corner store. out of all people, she found me. the way she took concern for me was something different, it was something i haven't felt in a while. and i could remember the way her fingers touched my stinging cheek. she looked pretty as always... but what was i saying? she's just being a generous friend. that's all.

or is it?

"your bruise looks like its gotten better," she suddenly said, stirring me out of my thoughts.

"o-oh. yeah, i guess it has. it still hurts, but the swelling's gone," i softly told her. she smiled and continued eating her bowl quietly. me on the other hand, had finished my bowl. so i decided to quickly wash it when ms. jung had beat me to it and took the bowl from me.

i pouted slightly wanting to wash it myself, but she insisted.

"don't worry about washing the dishes. i'll do it. go on ahead to school and don't be late," she said as she soaped down the dishes.

"alright, alright, we will. bye mom," soojin said as she tied up her converse and stood up to her feet. i left the front door first with soojin following after me. just like that, we both walked to school together. and i'll agree it was weird.

i placed my hands inside my pockets as we walked quietly side-by-side together. this time, i took the initiative to start the convo first.

"um... did you sleep well?" i asked her awkwardly as i took one hand out of my pocket and scratched the back of my head slightly.

"yeah, i think i did. how about you?"

i nodded my head, "it was peaceful, i'll tell you that. you know, i didn't get to tell you. you guys have a nice home."

"well, you can say my mother and i work hard to keep it clean," she chuckled slightly. i couldn't help but smile a bit.

"did you sleep well too?" she asked softly. i nodded my head and continued smiling. "yeah... for once, i did."

"i'm glad to hear that."

soon, we came upon our school campus. as we entered in, we wondered the hallways together until we came across her homeroom class.

"you'll be okay with that seoyul around you?" i asked her as i rubbed my eye slightly.

"mm, yeah. you'll be okay later?"

"hopefully..."

i noticed that she stared at my face, so i awkwardly looked at her. "hey, that reminds me. what's your number? just in case i need to contact you," she said as she pulled out her phone.

i raised an eyebrow and gave a small smirk, "mhm." we both exchanged digits. i looked up once more to see her smiling at me. it's funny how i met this rascal. first, she finds me in the music room, now we're exchanging numbers?but there's no way... do i really like her?

"meet you at the music room later on?" she asked. i stirred away from my thoughts as i looked at her, "oh, yeah."

"alright. well... i'll see you later," she smiled waving cutely. i gave her a small smile back as i gave a small wave. and with that, i watched her disappear into class. then, i went ahead and walked to my class that morning and settled in. sighing softly, i sat in my chair, leaning onto the surface of the desk listening to my heart beat.

is this what it feels like to like someone?

~~~~~~~~~
a/n: whooooohooo, i did yoongi's pov this time. seems like someone's falling in love.
*wiggles eyebrows*