05

[soojin's pov:]

"hey eomma. did you make the rice cakes?" i asked as i came down from upstairs that school morning.

"yes," she walked over to the fridge and pulled out a container that was sealed shut, "here you go."

i thanked her happily but didn't tell her it was for someone else. *coughs* sorry mom.

grabbing my backpack, i ran over to her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "i'll be back soon. love you!!" i made a dash for it as i grabbed the container full of rice cakes and walked all the way to school. i guess you could say it was a good exercise.

when i got to the school, i quickly entered the building and went to my locker to grab just a few journals for my classes today. in addition, i carefully placed the packed rice cakes into my backpack and then zipped it up. the bell rang suddenly as it was time for class to begin.

minutes later, i entered homeroom class seeing seoyul and her friends chattering around. the moment i had walked in, they all gave laughs. i didn't look at them as i walked to the back and sat in my seat. hopefully lunch time will come faster.

should i go in to check? no, soojin. don't be an idiot.

i stood just a few feet away from the music room door, just staring at it. sighing in slightly frustation, i walked over to the door and opened it up. my hopes went down when there was nothing but an empty room. i turned on the lights and walked over to the piano. my fingers ran over the keys and i played such random notes when suddenly i heard a loud groan.

the hairs on my arms jumped up as i gasped. from the corner, there was slight movement. i peeked at the corner slightly when a person with black hair pointing in different directions sat up.

"er, sorry. i didn't think you were in here," i said softly.

"why? because you only think i come in here to play the piano?" yoongi asked, groaning slightly. he scratched the back of his head as his sleepy eyes looked at me. i didn't say anything except gave a nod of my head. a sigh escaped his lips and smacked his lips slightly.

"what time is it?" he asked.

"11:30am. the bell for lunch rang a few minutes ago," i replied. "is that so?"

i gave a nod of my head as i looked at him. suddenly, he pulled himself up to his feet as he gave a ruffle of his hair. my existment must've meant nothing because he didn't say another word after that. i awkwardly just stood there near the door.

"are you just going to stand there?" he asked.

maybe.

standing there awkwardly, i watched him walk over to the piano bench with his backpack and started to pull out the same containers from yesterday. but in the inside, they were different foods. they all varied from side dishes, mostly kimchi and then some meat. he suddenly looked up and stared at me, his eyebrow raised.

"don't tell me you need food again today," he suddenly spoke. i eyed him and walked over to pull a chair near the piano and then sat down.

"i actually brought food today," i said to him. he didn't say another word as he watched me open my backpack to search for the container that my mother had prepared. i pulled it out, opening the lid of container.

"rice cakes?" he asked as he stared at the container then at me.

"yup. they're for you actually, you know... to thank you for sharing food with me," i said, smiling proudly to myself.

"i said you didn't have to repay me," he said back as he pulled his chopsticks and started to eat his food. "well, my mother made them."

"your mother?"

"yes, my mother. at least try some," i said as i took a pair of chopsticks my mom prepared for me and ate a rice cake. i smiled happily as i chewed the deliciousness and looked at him. he seemed hesitant at first when he looked at me blankly. slowly, he used his chopsticks to reach for a rice cake and then took a bite.

"how is it?"

he chewed slightly to himself and then gulped. he looked at me and a small smile, one i could not imagine he'd have, appeared on his face.

"it's good."

with a satisfied face, i smiled widely and took another rice cake into my mouth and chewed it down. thanks, eomma.

~~~~~~~~
a/n: so, i've just realized it's all been in soojin's pov these past chapters. i'm not confident to write in yoongi's pov, but i will try. vote and comment???