08

[soojin's pov:]

i tried keeping my eyes to the ground so that i wouldn't be able to see the pair of eyes staring at us. i stood close to yoongi as he still had a grip on my wrist.

we suddenly came to a stop outside of a classroom. that's when he let go of my wrist and looked at me.

"make sure you stay in class. and then go home. don't stop by anywhere else," he said to me. i raised an eyebrow, "why are you whispering?"

he looked into my eyes staring blankly when he gave an awkward cough. "and just... forget everything. i'll be going now. bye soojin," he softly said. he walked past me as i turned around and watched him walk away until he disappeared at the next hallway.

great. now i must have ruined everything. wait, ruin what? we're not a thing soojin!

sighing softly, i walked straight into class and sat at my desk, following what i was told to do. seoyul came in later but i avoid all contact with her as much as possible. when the school day came to an end, i quickly left the homeroom class and headed straight home, just like yoongi said.

the whole time i could only remember what happened. it was the only scene that kept replaying in my mind and for some odd reason, i couldn't stop thinking about it. what did seoyul mean about yoongi not having a mother? and he's getting beaten?

my mind starting to think about all the possible things, but i knew i couldn't just think about it. i had to get the answers myself. when i finally got home, i went ahead and did all my homework and things that needed to be done in the house.

around 7pm, my mother came home as she began to make dinner for the two of us. i went ahead and helped her chop up the vegetables and prepare everything on the table. when we dug into the food, i smiled happily.

"yeokshi! eomma's food is jjang!" i exclaimed giving a thumbs up. she gave a small laugh while covering her mouth, "thank you jinnie-ah. how was school today?"

"mm, it's alright. still the same old," i simply said. i couldn't tell her what was going on. she's get too worried and who knows, maybe seoyul would have made my life even worse if i went and told on her.

"mm, really? no boy crushes? i'm surprised, you'd usually have lots of things to tell me when you were in elementary," she said after swallowing her food. "ah, eomma, that was elementary. i'm in high school now," i pouted cutely.

"the more so i feel more worried. soon, you'll be goig to college and then you'll be le--"

"no, don't tell me. i still have long ways to go eomma," i said whiningly. my mother added in on the pout as well.

"you should invite your friends over sometime. i would love to meet them."

"oh," i nervously chuckled, "right. yeah... maybe." that late evening, we ate until we got full. i went ahead and washed and cleaned all the dishes piled up in the sink as my mother went ahead to clean the table and sweep the floors.

"i'll be going up first. i have some homework to do," i said to her.

"alright, work hard then. love you," my mother told me.

i, then, walked to the bathroom and prepared for bed by brushing my teeth and washing my face. when i finished doing that, i went over to my bedroom, closing the door behind me and then jumped onto my comfy, soft bed.

i went ahead and pulled out my textbooks for english and pulled a journal to write my homework on. from then, i went deep into studying.

~~~~~~~~
a/n: short chapter!! sorry ;-;
hopefully, i can make this better. the next chapter after this will be in yoongi's point of view. fingers crossed it won't turn out bad. forgive me my smolies!