Chapter 55: Final Mission (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Oh, thanks."

"I'll guide you, but we have to be quick, we have a minute left."

"Okay, lets do this!"

Eleanor guided me to the blackboard and navigated my hands so they were clutching the hidden lock. I put my molding key, which was shaped like a key sized wedge of wood, and pushed it into the lock so it molded to fit perfectly. I waited for about 5 seconds before twisting the key, pulling it out quickly and rushing into the closet, which was also pitch black. "Alright, I'm in!"

"Just in time, I think you made i-"

Suddenly, I felt as though my eardrums were about to burst from the deafening wailing of an alarm and I felt my heart beat quicken.

"Robyn! Lock the door, I repeat, lock the door! I don't know what happened!"

I locked the door from the inside quickly. "Phone Marcel and get back to me! I don't have his number!"

She hung up and I stood nervously while biting my nails, a very old and frustrating habit of mine. I sighed when I realised that it may be a while for Eleanor to get back to me, so I used my IPhone's tourch to look around.

As I looked around, I saw a lot of particularly strange things that I'd never expect Mrs Crabs to even think of possessing.

Mrs Crabs was a very old woman, grey hair which was usually tied back in a knot, a walking stick to move around and pale eyes that looked as though they could look straight through you. She wasn't ever a pleasant person towards me, although I never knew why, but I had always assumed it was due to the constant rumours that were spread around about me. I always thought she was just another old lady who read a lot or sat at home with 50 cats; but standing in this room? Not a chance. Her looks were definitely deceiving.

Her room was absolutely loaded with weapons; grenades, knives, guns... she even had a few katana swords. They were stunning. Their shells covered with antique patterns, carved to perfection.

A voice in my head was telling me to take one, that I'd need it if I wanted to kill Beckitt, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Sure, after being an assassin for 17 years, I had definitley stolen things before, but something about stealing off Mrs Crabs felt wrong. Maybe it was because she was old? Or maybe because the image of her using a katana made me laugh, and I'd like to see her use it one day?

I was cut off once again by the sound of my phone buzzing in my pocket.

"Marcel says that the alarm had nothing to do with the cameras at all. The man came to check them, but you were well hidden. Something else triggered the alarm."

"Something else? Do you have any idea what it was?"

"No, but it sound like th-" Eleanor stopped speaking and I heared a faint voice behind her. "Really? Shit, thanks. Robyn, it's a saftey drill. We have one every year."

"What do you mean a 'safety drill'?"

"It's this thing where Beckitt sets everybody in school a task that we have to complete. Last year he hired men to come here and kidnap as many people as possible, but I'm not sure what it'll be this year." She was once again stopped and I heared a scream from somewhere on Eleanor's side of the phone. "Shit, Robyn, they're coming. I have to go!"

"Are you in your dorm room?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah!"

"Quickly, shut off all the computers you can see me through and hide somewhere good. Can you fight?"

"Uh, no not really, but Robyn, if I shut off all the computers you may get caught!"

"No it's okay," I took off my brown haired wig and plopped on some eye colour lenses, "now quickly, hide!"

I hung up and looked around at all the weapons. So much choice. I ran to a katana sword and slid it into my belt. I'd have to return it later, these things must've cost a fortune.

I looked up at the ceiling and saw another vent, which wasn't filled with flames or gas, and climbed up into it. I quickly began climbing and looked through each vent hole, seeing many different things happen; people grouped together, planning; teachers sipping tea in a staff room, completely shutting out the screams in the corridors; boys panicking and huddling together in classrooms. I just so happened to pass a lonely boy in a spanish classroom, looking out the window. He had very familiar black hair and a toned back, and I recognised him instantly.

I kicked the vent open, startling Ian, and hoped out cheerfully before looking up to see his dark face, covered in a wicked smile. "Nice of you to join me, Robyn."

My grin that was on my face slowly dripped into a frown. "What's wrong, Ian?"

Ignoring my question, he began to take slow, dangerous steps towards me, still with a smirk on his face. "Agent Beckitt knows you're here, Robyn."

I looked at him with disbelief. "How!?"

"I told him so," he laughed.

"Why?!" I yelled.

"Who's side do you think I'm on, Robyn? Honestly?"

I just stared at him with an expressionless mask, but on the inside, I felt my heart slowly sinking into my stomach.

Suddenly, everything clicked. I looked at Ian with eyes that I hoped scared him to death, and I saw him take a little step backwards, but held the same stupid smirk.

I took small steps towards him and I could feel the fire burning in my eyes. A rage that I never knew I could possess took over me and I felt the urge to yell like a banchee and attack like a Lion.

"You sick bastard," I hissed venomously. "It was you."

Ian's face lost the smirk in a blink. "What was me?"

"You know exactly what you did!" I yelled taking a bigger step towards him. "You killed her!"

"Oh, that. Yeah, it was me," he said with a bored tone, crossing his arms and slouching onto a desk chair.

I felt my face turning red and I tried my hardest not to scream at him and throw up all over the room. I was in the room with my mother's murderer.

I flipped over a table to let out some anger, but it had no effect, apart from startling Ian a little bit. How could he just brush this off?

Oh, you mean like you have with all those people you've killed? All those parents and grandparents? Aunties and Uncles? My mind told me.

I concentrated on Ian, who was now about a metre away from me.

"You silly little boy," I grinned evilly, "you're in for a world of pain."

"Ah ah ah!" He sang, pointing at me with a pale finger, "If you want to know where Agent Beckitt is, I suggest you don't touch me!"

I looked at him with a hard, disbelieved face and lowered my fist, which I only just realised was pulled back, ready to strike. "Tell me then."

"First, you need to do something for me," He closed the space between us and span us around so I was up against the window, his hands on the wall by the sides of my head.

"And what would that be?" I asked acrimony.

"Kiss me."