Chapter 53: Mission Accepted

I left the note on the apartment counter, knowing that one of the boys or Paul would see it soon enough, and walked out the door with my equipment; phone, guns, knives, smoke bombs, mirror glasses (glasses that can make me see what's going on behind me - really cool by the way), a belt wire (a belt that has a strong wire so I can climb etc), a laser pen, x-ray camera, voice bugs (listening devices shaped as bugs) and last but not least, a key that molded into any key shape a lock required, so it could lock and unlock doors. Pretty cool, huh?

As I locked my apartment door, I got a phone call from Paul.

"Hey, kiddo!" Paul greeted from the end of the line.

"Hey, Paulo! Why so chirpy?" I asked, rummaging through my back pack, checking that I had everything I need.

"Well, the finger print scans came back and it turns out you were right, it wasn't Beckitt that killed Jen! We have your mistery guy!"

"Oh my, God, really?! Who is it?" I asked as I walked down the hallway and hopping into the elavator.

"Well, the result came back as Mr. Lan Black, you know him?" He asked as I walked out of the glass doors with a scowl on my face.

"No, I don't know any Lans. What kind of name is that? Do you think he killed my mother because he hated his own for naming him Lan?" I asked, trying to make the converation light, seeing as Paul would probably be yelling at me in about 6 hours for going through with my plan.

He chuckled nervously, obviously meaning that he wasn't sure whether he should be laughing or sympathising. "Maybe."

"Anymore information about this 'Lan'?" I asked, stepping into my mother's old car.

"He goes to GHT apparently. He's an expert in Training and Weapons, gets A* in every test according to KAA's file." He probably wasn't in my training class then, I would've known him.

"How do I not know who he is? I went to GHT for 6 months!" I mumbled to myself, "Anything on appearance?"

"Not really, just says he has black hair, but there's probably tons there with black hair, right?"

"More than you could imagine, but it narrows it down a bit. He must be pretty muscular as well if he gets A* in training."

"Yeah," I suddenly heared laughing from Paul's end of the phone.

I laughed along with him until I stopped at some traffic lights, although I didn't see what was so amusing.

"I have to go now Paul, I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

"Alright, kiddo. See you 'round!"

I hung up and put my phone into my back pack before the traffic lights turned green, and I drove off to the south of London as many thoughts began to wonder around in my head.

Then suddenly, I was angry

"If you kill him you'd be sinking down to his level," I quoted Liam angrily as I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, making my knuckles turn white.

The boys were probably disgusted with me. Why shouldn't they have been? Nobody should be friends with an assassin, a killer. I was the lowest kind of low you could get, although I didn't kill for fun or anything and I never killed innocent people. I only killed for defence, I killed on 'just war' terms. (Look up the rules of Just Wars if you don't know what that means). I killed those who deserved to be killed, it was my job, my destiny. I popped into this world with people expecting me to be like my parents, nobody wants that, do they? I didn't want to be expected to do great things all the time, or achieve cool goals all the time like my parents did.