Chapter 24: The Chair

Niall’s head was feeling the same way it had when he first awoke when he was kidnapped. Tingly, dry, dizzy, heavy and sore were the adjectives that had popped into his head, actually. He was, yet again, unable to open his eyes for a while, whilst he heard buzzing fill his ears. He knew, though, that the buzzing was his own head, his own body trying to wake him up. He knew he had to get up and face the dangers that were going to fall, but he wanted to do nothing but fall asleep. Who could blame him? His head was pounding uncontrollably and his neck was sore from the dart. He could barely hold his head on his neck! But the light that was shining through his eyelids told him otherwise, yelling at him to get up.

So he did.

He managed to open his eyes a smidge, adjusting his eyes to the light, then opened them more and more until he could see his surroundings.

As blurry as his eye sight may have been, he could see that he was captured in a rounded room made of large bricks. It was very dirty, and occasionally he swore that he could hear the sound of rats scuttering in the pipes. Although the dome he was in was made out of brick, there was a fairly large, circular window in the ceiling, letting the sunlight through. Of course, on the cold, hard, dirty floor, were 3 other boys, still unconscious.

It was definitely contrastable to the blindingly white room he had awoken in earlier.

Niall groaned; He felt as if he had the world's worst hangover. Whenever he moved he felt as though he was going to be sick, but he had to push through the pain and nausea. He had to find a way out.

“Guys…” he moaned, rubbing his eyes.

The boys continued to lie still, but Niall wasn’t having any of it. He could barely stand up, but he somehow managed to and walked over to were Liam was unconscious.

“Liam, get up…” Niall slurred. When Liam didn’t reply, Niall kicked him in the stomach sloppily. He was beyond pissed, even though he couldn’t act upon it properly. “Liam! Wake up…”

No reply.

SLAP!

Niall reached down to Liam’s face and smacked him hard across the face, leaving a very red handprint. Liam turned over to his side, slowly touching his cheek and groaned. 

If Liam were to have been awake during that slap, he would've definitely felt the pain, but his near-unconcious state blocked away all the pain.

“Niall… Go away…”

Niall had finally gained his proper mind back and was able to act more and move more. “No! Liam we need to get out of here. We need to get back to Zayn!”

Liam groaned and closed his eyes again, shutting Niall out. Liam was always hard to get out of bed, the worst after Zayn and Harry. Giving up, Niall moved onto Louis.

SMACK!

OoooooowwwWWWWW!” Louis groaned, getting louder and louder as he whined. “Niall, what’s going on? Let me sleep…” Louis reached out and looked as if, Niall thought, he was trying to grab his blanket; but his blanket wasn’t there.

"No, Louis, you aren’t in your bed anymore,”

Louis looked like he always did when he woke up; bed hair, puffy eyes, baffled expression… but this time, he had a ‘nice try’ smirk. “Oh really? Then where are we?”

“In a dungeon, Louis…”

“Bollocks,” Louis said, spinning away from Niall.

“Louis, open your eyes!” Niall said impatiently. Louis turned back around to Niall and sighed. Niall watched as Louis opened his eyes a smidge, using his hand to cover the light from his unshaven face, and look around. His eyes widened at the state of the room. “Niall, where are we? What hap-“ A look of realisation hit his face and said, “Oh… shit…”

“Louis, we need to get out of here. We need to get to Zayn!” Niall repeated.

Niall helped Louis to stand up, but his knees were too wobbly, and he kept falling down. He wrapped his arms around Niall’s shoulders and leant against a wall as his legs got stronger and his eyes got less irritated. Fortunately, he had had a lot more hangovers then Niall, so it didn’t take him as long to get himself sorted out.

Louis and Niall were too busy struggling to notice that Harry was trying to stand up himself, rubbing his eyes like a baby.

“What happened?”

“We were kidnapped…. Again,” Niall explained, “We need to get out of here!”

Harry, Niall thought, was surprisingly calm and stable. He thought that Harry was going to be the worst to wake up, but then again, Harry was known as the party animal of the group. Even more so than Louis.

"Where's R-Robyn?" Harry asked leaning against a wall.

Shit.

Where the fuck was Robyn?

----------------------------

Robyn woke with a pounding headache, fizzy eyesight and sore arms and legs, but she ignored them and forced her eyes open. She couldn't see anything just yet, but she knew that where ever she was, it wasn't going to be pleasant. 

She moved her elbows and attempted to lift up her arm but, again, struggled as it seemed as if something was holding her down. At first, she thought that it was merely exhausion from the tranquiliser, but she soon realised that there was a metal ring, tying her down... to a chair. A murmer filled the room she was in, making Robyn realise that she wasn't alone.

She attempted to move her feet and legs, but there was also a metal ring holding her down around her ankles and thighs. Her wrists and ankles were feeling incredibly sore from the buckles and she tried to move around so they were looser, but it was no use. 

She pushed her torso forwards, but was only pushed back by another buckle which was strapped around her ribs.

Dazed, she opened her eyes and for a second, all she could see was darkness with multicoloured specs, but her vision came back and she realised where she was.

All around her were benches and benches of seates, placed in rows. They seemed to be facing her direction and on those benches were people watching closely with interest. 

Robyn tried to sit up properly as her coccyx was placed uncomfortably on the chair, but her head was also held in place. She couldn't move.

And she was in the place she least wanted to be in right at that moment.

The room with the electric chair.