Twenty-One

It has been a week. Things between Ben and I are going very well. We sometimes alternate between houses. Though since that was a hassle we decided to just live back at Ben's place. It's much more spacious for my growing stomach. I forgot to tell Ben about this doctor appointment. So it wasn't a shock to see him and Skylar gone. I got out of bed and got ready. I made me pancakes and scarfed it down. I got in my car and drove off to his job. He was talking to Kyle and they were laughing.

"Aaliyah is everything okay?" Ben asked walking to me.

"I am fine. I forgot to tell u I have a doctors appointment today. We find out the gender." I said, and his smile was huge.

"Go ahead man, I can run the bank while you gone." Kyle said, and Ben thanked him. He took us to the hospital and I got checked in. When the doctor call for me we went in a room. She checked everything and my health was doing good. I laid on the bed, and raised my stomach up. Dr. Troye my new assigned doctor rubbed the gel like substance on my stomach. When she was done she dragged the tool over it.

"What do you want it to be?" I asked Ben as I squeezed his hand scared.

"It doesn't matter. I just want it to be healthy." He said and I nodded.

"The baby is moving. Since it is early the movements are noticeable yet. It's a boy!" Dr. Troye said and I looked at Ben and he looked so happy. His eyes were a little glossy. I squeezed his hand and he looked down at me and smiled. "At this point the babies internal organs are almost done with its completion. The fetus will start looking like a human probably more the next ultrasound. It's the size of an apple. By the fifteenth week which is coming up for you guys it can feel and hear everything." I started crying silently as I saw the babies little head.

After the doctors appointment Ben drove us to the bank. "Are you sure you aren't hungry?" He asked.

"No, I am okay. I might go walking around the pond." I said, and he rubbed my bump.

"It's getting bigger." He said, talking about my stomach. "We are having a boy."

"Yep." I said, and I sat back. "I'm having negative thoughts." I whispered. He grabbed my hands, and I looked at him. "This is scary Ben. I'm scared. I don't want it to die."

"It won't Aaliyah. We are doing everything right okay. You heard the doctor. She said everything is fine and healthy. Don't think like that." He said assuring me.

"I wasn't my moms first child. She had a miscarriage. He first child would have been a boy. She prepared for his room. I remember seeing the room. When I was five I would see her in the room hugging a blue pillow and crying. My first child is a boy." I sobbed into my hands.

"Don't cry Aaliyah. Everything will be alright okay." He said. He kissed my cheek. He took us home instead and carried me inside. I was placed into his arms and we sat on the couch while I cried. "Nothing will happen to our baby okay. I'm here, we have great doctors. Ben Jr. is okay." He said and I laughed shaking my head.

"I didn't agree to that." I said, and he shrug smiling at me.

"Just throwing that option out there." He said, and I sat up on his lap.

"You are right. Positive thoughts. Everything will be okay." I said and he nodded.

"Yes it will. Now let's go for a walk." He said, and I stood.

"I want to change first."

I went to my room, and slipped on a loose maxi dress, and slippers. I grabbed Ben from off the couch and we went outside. I felt him starring at me and I decided to take a glance at him. I blushed and he smiled. "You are a beautiful girl." He blurted and I smiled.