Chapter Nineteen

I told her how to get to the city. We made a very light convo. When it came to shopping she was buying everything for Skylar. "Do you see anything you like?" She asked me.

"No ma'am.... I mean Liz." I said, and she smiled.

"You know I wasn't so sure about you, but forgive me. I overheard your conversation with Ben. I didn't want some girl who was after his money catch his heart. Your not like that at all. I hope you guys love each other soon, I would love to see you guys marry." She said, and I smiled. "Ben is a sweet boy. He have his moments, but he really is a good guy. He might not admit his feelings, but that's because he is scared to love again."

"Yes I know." I said smiling. "He has admitted he likes me. He wants to take me on our first date tomorrow night."

"That is wonderful. We need to get you an outfit for this occasion." She said.

"Oh no that's okay. I have enough clothes." I tried to explain but she shook her head. She took me dress shopping. I found a dress that looked very pretty. It was a black skater dress. It reached just the tip of my knees. I found some flats. We went to the pregnancy area. I was brought to tears. I touched the baby clothes. They felt so soft. My phone rang, and I answered. "Hello."

"What's wrong?" Ben asked worriedly.

"Nothing....these baby clothes...." I said.

"Your regretting having a baby aren't you. Aaliyah let's be rational." He said.

"No, no that's not it. I want the baby, you know that." I said trying to stop from crying.

"What is it? What's wrong? Are you in pain?" He asked.

"No let me talk. The baby clothes are so adorable....I'm having a baby Ben." I said, and he sighed.

"I know Liyah. I'm excited. How's shopping?" He asked and I wiped the tears.

"It's going great. I have an outfit for tomorrow." I said.

"Great. Make sure you buy it on my card. Eat and drink plenty of water." He said.

"You worry too much. You better keep safe." I said, and he laughed.

"I will. I cant wait to see you. I took my old man to the bank. Let him run the place like old times. It's been slow around here." He said.

"I cant wait to see you too. I got to go." I said. We said our goodbye and I met up with Liz and Skylar. I bought my clothes using his card. I felt guilty.

"Oh don't worry. He would have wanted you to buy clothes. It wouldn't hurt him, plus they weren't expensive. Now we need to buy you pregnancy clothes, shoes, and undergarments. The next store she had piles of clothes for me and picked up lingerie.

"I think this is enough." I said. She grabbed slippers and shoes. People helped bring every bag to the car. I was overwhelmed. I never meant to spent so much on his card. His mother had to swipe it for that huge amount. It was eight hundred dollars of clothes. I could have had a heart attack. I'll just pay him back. We went out to eat on Liz. I had fried fish, shrimp, fettuccine, and some rolls. I also got just water. Eating, and talking is what we did. On the way home Skylar fell asleep in the car.

"Do you love him?" She asked. "Not to get into y'alls relationship, or interfere."

"I like him a lot. Time will tell if my feelings for him will get stronger. He's an amazing guy." I said, and she smiled.