Chapter Sixteen

I was at Millie's telling her what happened. I was on her bed and couldn't stop smiling. "Someone has developed a crush." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"No I have not. I'm just glad he doesn't want to be with another woman except me." I said, and she rolled her eyes .

"You like him just face it." She said.

"Maybe a little. He's just so....ugh I don't know. He just so amazing. So caring." I explained and she raised and eyebrow and laughed. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing. Continue talking." She said and stopped laughing. I shook my head forgetting it.

....

"She fell asleep hours ago. She must be lacking sleep." Millie said, and I was awaken to Ben's face. He looked concerned talking to Millie. He held my hand in his squeezing it. "She ate breakfast, and had some snacks. Make sure she eats and gets plenty of water. Keep moving but take it light."

"Seems sleepyhead is already woke." He said, and I yawned. I sat up and my stomach growled. "Hungry. We can stop by the diner. Skylar doesn't get picked up until two more hours." He said, and I nodded. I said my goodbyes to Millie. We went to the diner and I ordered a big meal.

"Nacho salad, two soft tacos, three hard tacos. No beans, and a sprite please." I said, and the waitress nodded.

"Are you ordering desert?" He asked, and I looked up seeing if he was joking with me.

"Are you making fun of me?" I asked.

"No, no. I was just curious." He said.

"Oh."

"So what are you having for desert?" He asked.

"Nothing. I don't need desert right now." I said. He waved to the waiter.

"A glass of water please." He asked. The waiter nodded. "Millie said a you need to drink water a lot." My water arrived and I took a sip. What I didn't notice was I was really thirsty. I finished it in seconds.

"That was refreshing." I said, and he smiled.

"I cant wait for the baby to come." He said, and I smiled. He instantly went into deep thought. "Aaliyah, I need you to answer honestly with me okay."

He looked very serious. So I nodded. "Of course what's the matter?" I wanted to know.

"You are one hundred percent sure you want to raise a baby." He said. I nodded.

"Yes, one hundred percent. I will love it with all of my heart." I said sincerely.

"Lauren didn't just leave Skylar." He said. I was confused. What did he mean? "I was at work. I was coming home to relieve Lauren from the baby to get some rest. She wasn't there. Skylar was there alone in the apartment screaming. That night still haunts me. The way she was screaming, kicking her little arms. She looked terrified. She left a note saying she....she didn't love me. She didn't want to have a child. She was only twenty when she gave birth. She was scared, too young. I know your young, but this is a lot of responsibility. If you want out tell me." He said, and the pain was etched all over his face. He was scared of my answer. Before I could open my mouth our food arrived. I thanked them. "Don't answer now. Give it some time. I want you to know your answer."

"I know my answer. I know being twenty-three is young. I'm still learning my life. I got intimate with a guy, and ended up pregnant. I found out about being pregnant. I was terrified, and scared. Terrified about a baby growing inside of me, that I will have to push it out. Scared because I thought you would leave me while I was in my most vulnerable state. I thought you would hate me because I ended up pregnant." I said, and he grabbed my hand.