Chapter Four

Ben's Pov....

"Stop overthinking it. I am sure he will understand." I said, and she started shaking. I reached out to grab her and she passed out in the passenger side. I pulled up in the drive way. "Princess, go to your room and draw Aaliyah a picture. She is sleeping okay." She nodded. She got out of the car and ran inside. I grabbed the girl and carried her frail body inside. I chose a room for her and laid her down on the bed. I left and went to my office to work.

Aaliyah Pov....

I opened my eyes. I heard screaming. I jumped up and ran towards the source. He couldn't have found me this quick. I ran into the kitchen and it was Skylar and her dad playing around. I gasped for air trying to calm down.

"Skylar why don't you sit down and eat while I talk to our guest." He said, and she listened. He walked out the room and I followed with my head down. "You passed out in my car. Why?"

"I have to go. You just have to listen okay." I said, and he just wasn't listening.

"I have to go to work. I have business to take care of. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen. Have dinner on at six. I'll be home." He said, and I opened my mouth and closed it. I was really getting irritated at how people just controlled me.

"You don't understand...." I whispered and he grabbed his suitcase. He shook his head.

"If he is controlling you this much it isn't love." He said, and I looked away. He wasn't my boyfriend. He left and I locked the doors. All of them. I ate some grits and cleaned up while Skylar played. At two we played dollies together and I laughed as she talked. At four dinner was on. I made pasta and tossed a salad. I had all the plates and drinks on the table at five:fifty. Skylar was in her room getting cleaned up. I went to my room and got cleaned up as well. A hand went over my mouth and I screamed. He found me. He's going to kill that little girl.

"I told you not to be around them. You always disobey me. You will have to pay for that. You need to know to never defy me. Should I kill the girl or let her be traumatized. Maybe she should watch me torture you." He said, gripping my arm tightly. I cried out. I heard the house door opened and I got nervous. "Looks like the man is here. Good thing I locked the door. This will be quick and easy. I'll be back tonight." He said and he was right. He used me and left quickly. I cleaned up the mess and dried my tears. I cleaned myself up, and walked out. I fixed the plates and everyone was at the table. I felt a pair of eyes on me.

"Skylar how was your day?" Skylar's dad asked.

"It was fun! We played dollies, and she painted my nails too Daddy. Do you like them?" Skylar asked holding her small hands out.

"They look very pretty." He complimented. "I am glad you had fun."

I fixed their plates, and set the rest on the stove. I cleaned up as they ate. "You know you can join us, and eat. I know you have to be starving." He said, and I kept my back to them. I shook my head. I felt the tears threatening to escape. I heard a chair scrape across the floor. I tended up and my arm was grabbed. "What happened?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned pretending nothing happened.

"I'm not stupid. I can sense your uneasiness. Your uncomfortable at how close we are at this close proximity." He said, and I looked up for a second and he was studying my features. As if trying to read me.

"Nothing happened everything was great. Can I be excused. I am feeling kind of famished." I said with a smile and he just nodded.

"We will talk when I am done with Skylar." He said, and I nodded knowing that I couldn't get out of it. I walked away and went to my room. I grabbed pajamas which consisted of a tank top and shorts. Not matching at all, but it will do. I took a hot shower and scrubbed my skin. I felt dirty, so used and abused. I cried not liking it one bit.

When I was done I saw my puffy eyes and sighed. He will surely know something is up. Or I could make an excuse that it was from lack of sleep and exhaustion. I walked out and there he stood. Waiting for me. I froze in my spot at the door way.

"You were crying?" He said, which almost sounded like a question.

"No, I....um....I'm just tired. It's been a long day. I walked to the bed and sat down covering my legs with the blanket.

"You can't lie forever. Is he abusing you. Your boyfriend. If so you will have to get rid of him. I don't want that environment around my daughter." He said, and I played with my fingers.

"He's not my boyfriend." I whispered, and started at my fidgeting fingers.

"Speak up." He demanded.

"He's....he's not my boyfriend." I said louder than before.

"Than if he's not, why can't you work here? Does he have something against you?" He questioned wanting to know. I shook my head no. "I need an answer Aaliyah. Speak."

"No sir. I just can't work here. It's...." I said but stopped myself.

"It's what? I don't have all day spit it out." He demanded angrily. I moved my pillow to the side and there it was a knife. He was alarmed. I stood and walked towards him holding the knife.

"I have to go. You have to listen to me." I said tears streaming down my face. "He's coming back. I can't be seen with you. He's not right in the mind. I have to go, I am sorry." I said and I didn't know I was pressing into the knife until I dropped it. I saw blood and looked at my hand.

"I don't understand. Is he hitting you? Why isn't it safe?" He questioned.

"He said he was going to kill her. I cant explain more. I am leaving before he returns." I said grabbing my bags but he stopped me. His hand had my blood on it.

"Kill who?!" He yelled.

"Skylar." I said, and once those words left my mouth he bolted from the room. He grabbed Skylar and we all sat in the room. He called the police and they were on their way. Skylar slept in his arms. He bandaged my hand up the best he could.

We sat there in the silence and I never once picked up my head. Sirens were heard and I stood looking out the window. This is what I've been waiting for. The day I was to be rescued and freed from him. An officer walked up to the door. Skylar's dad stood with his daughter in his arms. He opened the door.

"Sir we received your call. We found a suspect on your property trying to get into the house. Is this him." Deputy Clark asked. Skylar's Dad looked at me and I stood and walked towards the door. Jakes eyes were fuming with anger.

"You worthless...." But he was cut off when a policewoman shut him up.

"Aaliyah are you okay?" He questioned. I nodded my head embarrassed. "I need to ask you some questions of what happen okay. I know it might hurt, but please I need your full cooperation on putting him in jail. Okay sweetie." I looked behind me hoping he would leave the room but he nodded for me to talk. I stated everything he did.

"It isn't rape if you enjoyed it!" Jake yelled and I left the door and ran past Skylar's dad. I went to my room and slid down the door. I sobbed as I laid there balled up.