Chapter One

Liya Pov....

I sat there in bed not able to sleep. I had to work a nine to five shift. Might be longer if Sandra doesn't show up. It is Monday, so the possibilities of her staying out late getting drunk and calling out sick is a possibility. I sighed getting up. I walked lazily to my bathroom and yawned. I was taken back by my appearance. My eyes were crusty, my breath reeked, and my hair was a mess.

I cut the shower on and waited for the water to heat up. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I felt a little better. I hopped in the shower and shrieked from the hot water. I turned the hot down some and started lathering my body in vanilla and brown sugar body wash.

"You don't have to change a thing the world can change its heart!" I sung while cleaning my body. When I was done I wrapped myself in a towel and brushed my hair into a high ponytail. I went to my room and watched some cartoons. I had an hour and a half till work might as well get some relaxation.

My stomach rumbled in the middle of Scooby Doo. I sighed. I didn't feel like getting up, but either I die of starvation or get my lazy tail up. I got up securing my towel around me and went to the kitchen.

What to eat? What to eat? I sighed at the lack of food. I needed to go grocery shopping. I grabbed frozen pancakes and microwaved them. Pouring syrup on top and fixing a glass of OJ. I munched quietly on my food. My door opened to my apartment and I frozen in my spot. I knew it was him.

....

I took another shower scrubbing my body trying to clean myself. I dried off and got ready for work. I left and rushed there. Before I opened the door to the diner I relaxed. I entered and put a smile on my face. I said hello to my coworkers and put my apron on. I started cleaning the place getting it ready for our customers. I swayed my hips to the music. It was a hot summer so people should be coming in during lunch time for our cold refreshments. I swung around into the kitchen and started helping prepare food.

"Let's have a great day. Customers are waiting. Aaliyah and Margie I want y'all on waitress duty." Bill said, and I nodded grabbing my pad. He opened the door and people filled in.

"Hi May and Carl. How may I help you." I asked.

"Oh you know the usual dear." May said.

"Three pancakes with light butter for May, grits, eggs, sausage, and bacon and toast for Carl. Orange juice, and Carl would prefer a coke but a coffee will do." I said writing it down.

"She's good." Carl said and I laughed. I went to the counter and placed their orders. I went to the others writing it down the best I could.

After my shift was done I cleaned up tables and swept to make it easier on the next person taking over. I sighed at the long day it was. I hung my apron up and said bye to the people in the diner.

I held my purse loosely on my arm and started walking. A car hunk their horn and I glanced. It was a black shiny car. Too fancy for this small town. They must be new. "Do you know where Mill Drive is?" A guy asked.

"Yes, if you continue down the Main Street, there will be a turn on Turquoise street. Milk drive will be on the left. Probably a thirty minute drive since it's farm like." I said, and he nodded. I continued walking and made it to my apartment. When I got there he was there to greet me with that sadistic grin written on his face.

A/N:// I'm going trying something new. I hope you guys like it. I already have several chapters made ahead in advance. Hope you enjoy loves. Have a wonderful day and week. Xoxo. *Not Edited*