Chapter Seven

I got up really early and fixed them breakfast. I ate a plate and left a note saying I was with the horses. I spent my time grooming Starlight beautiful black and silky hair. I fed him some carrots. When I was done I had him set up. I went to Apples and groomed her and she reached for the Apple in my pocket. I laughed and gave it to her. I grabbed them both by their reigns and took them to the open gated field. Apples took off and I jumped on Starlights back.

"Take it easy on me boy. I'm relearning everything again." I said, and I kicked his side softly and he started in a slow canter. I smiled. There you go, perfect. I adjusted the bag on my back. I wanted to go on the other side of the pond and draw the barn. When I got there I tied Starlight to a tree. I had him carrots and apples there. I took my drawing pad out and started drawing everything in front of me. I sighed and ate an apple I saved for myself. I saw Ben waving at me, and I waved back. I finish drawing the outline of the picture. I could spend tonight when I'm alone shading, and whatnot. I packed up and got on Starlight. He trotted back to the field. I took the reins off him and the saddle and aloud him to be free with Apples.

"Thanks for the breakfast." Ben said, and I nodded. "I didn't mean to interrupt your drawing time."

"No I was done. It has some work left, but I thought I would come inside." I said, and he nodded.

"I was taking Skylar shopping. I was wondering if you would like to come. We do need something for tonight. I thought I could get your help for the proper attire." He said, and I laughed.

"You are the only man to walk around in suits around here." I noted, and he chuckled.

"That's all I brought. I am a business man." He said, and I shook my head.

"Your in the countries. This small town we wear jeans, boots, and tees." I said. We walked inside and I got cleaned up and dressed. I met them at the door and we left. "There is this very cute thrift store. We should find some really cute clothes there."

"Isn't there a mall here?" He questioned.

"No, this is a small town. If your looking for a mall you would take an hour and a half trip to the city." I stated.

"We should do that." He said.

"Oh come on. It's fun scavenging for clothes that are a good prices. Plus we don't have an hour and half." I pointed out.

"Fine, but if there is nothing, we're taking the drive. Tomorrow we are going to a mall. We can all use some clothes." He said, and I felt offended. Was the clothes I wear not good enough. He must have sense what I was feeling. "Not that here is anything wrong with the clothes we wear. I just feel like we could use more."

I laughed at his gesture to try and not offend me. "It's fine." I said. I directed him to the thrift store. Once we got there I got out and, helped Skylar out. "We will go shopping, while you find your stuff. Don't forget a cowboy hat." I said, and Skylar and I took off. I picked her out several dresses that would look cute on her and some jeans. I found the perfect set of cowgirl boots. My hands were almost full. Skylar held the boots excited, wanting to try them on. We went shopping for me. I found a tan pair of booties, and a cowgirl hat for me. I saw a white piece of clothing sticking out. I grabbed it and it was a pretty white dress that was nice and flowy in the right places. Too bad it was $20. I only had enough for my items I was going to purchase. I can always wear my jeans and shirt. I'll tell Dana to hold the dress for me. I was going to save up the money I'll be getting soon and buy it.

"What's a matter?" Ben ask me, and I put the dress back on the rack.

"Nothing. So do you have your cowboy gear." I asked, and he nodded. Skylar was telling him about the boots she was getting and he said they looked very nice. Ben reached for the dress I held and looked at it.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"It is a nice dress." I said.

"Then we will buy it." He said.

"No you don't have to do that. I was going to put it on hold and buy it another time when I save up money." I said, and he shook his head.

"Let's go buy these items." He said, and I sighed. He bought everything we held and left a tip for the cashier.

"Thank you for buying my things. You didn't have to do that." I said.

"I know, but it's the least I could do. You watch Skylar for me." He said. Once at home I washed everything we purchased. I have Skylar's new boots a good hand scrub and dried them off. Once the clothes were done I ironed them to perfection. I gave Ben his clothes and told him to get dressed. I got Skylar dressed and ready. I braided her hair, and put a pink ribbon at the end. I told her to go wait in the living room for us. I got ready. My normal ponytail hair was curled and down. I slipped the dress on and put my booties on. I grabbed cowgirl hat and tied the string loosely around my neck. I check myself in the mirror. I applied a little gloss to my lips. I smiled at my reflection. This was only the beginning to my freedom.