Chapter Seventeen

Ben's Pov....

She was sleeping. I drove, and listened to the silence around me. I was still upset how my parents just announced they were coming to visit. They just forced themselves over here. I am a grown man. I don't need my parents coming to check up on me. I can handle my life and take care of Skylar.

I was nervous. I never told them about Aaliyah. Let alone that I was having another child. My mother probably would be furious at first and yell at me that I am careless. But on the flip side she would probably be happy that she is having another grandchild. My father wouldn't care much. He's very calm man. Retired business man. He used to be strict, but now he's full of life. The business life tends to change you, because there is no switching between sides of when to be professional or playful side. That changed for me. I have found a way to juggle between the two. I tend to be more playful. Skylar helped me juggled between the two, but also Aaliyah. I found a soft spot for her.

I remember yesterday I was listening in on her and Skylar's conversation. She said she liked me. What did that mean? Like me as a person, or like like me. I couldn't get that out of my mind. What if she did like me? Would I like her back.

The guy who is afraid to love because he has gotten his heartbroken. Still is a little hurt and furious at life four years later. I sighed as I kept pondering about it. I liked her. She is an amazing woman. She's very different than the woman I have been with. She's Aaliyah.

I parked the car and carried her inside. I laid her on my bed and covered her in covers. I kissed the top of her head. I sat next to her and started working on my laptop. When it was time to pick up Sky o left a note and did my best to hurry up. I was thankful to find her sound asleep.

I took Skylar outside and we played around. I wanted to get some of that energy out of her.

Aaliyah's Pov....

I opened my eyes. Ben wasn't in the room with me. I stood and searched the house. Nobody was here. Where was he? I checked outside and saw him playing with Sky. I smiled at how the bonded. I decided to let them have their time together. I went inside and thought of dinner. I made a meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn.

....

"Dinner smells delicious." Ben said. I felt so nervous being close to him. My heart fluttered when his breath ran over my neck. I shivered, feeling the tingles down my back.

"I make three months tomorrow." I said turning around. I regretted it because our faces were very close to each other. I blushed feeling embarrassed.

"That's great." He said not moving. He looked at my lips than at me. I just stared at him. Wondering if he was going to kiss me. He didn't he closed his eyes for a second and walked to the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to me. "Water, your supposed to be drinking lots of it." He said trying to make it less awkward. Why didn't he kiss me? I grabbed it and took a sip and continued on cooking. I heard him opening his mouth but he said nothing. He walked away. I took the meatloaf out and fixed plates. I sat them down and got everybody a cup of juice.

They came down cleaned and refreshed. We ate in an awkward silence. Skylar started talking about her day. How she wanted to play with Jessie this weekend. "Maybe another time okay. Grandma and Grandpa are coming. They want to spend as much time with you okay." He said and she Was so excited.

I didn't know what to think. I wasn't comfortable about meeting his parents. I don't think I could do it. I just continued eating. I finished everything and started cleaning up. Ben took Sky to get ready for bed. He came back and started drying and putting up dishes.

"I am going to stay at the motel for the time your parents are here." I said. "You can't tell me no either. I am a grown woman. I make my own choices. I'm not comfortable around people I don't know."

"Your not staying at the motel by yourself Aaliyah." He said.

"Yes I am."

"No, this isn't up for a discussion." He said.

"Up for discussion! I'm not staying here in this house when they come! I am going to be at the motel wether you like it or not! You need to respect my wishes!" I snapped. I was so upset. I finished washing the last dish, and stormed out of the kitchen with him. I went outside. There was still some daylight. I walked to to the lake.

"Aaliyah get back here!" Ben yelled calling for me. I continued walking.

"Get away from me!" I yelled back. I didn't want to talk to such a man. He controls everything I do. Drink water, where you going. Oh you need a cell phone so I know where you are at all times. He pulled my arm and I punched his chest. "I said get away from me!" I yelled. He tried pulling me towards the house. "Let go of me!"

"Stop being stubborn." He said getting angry.

"Stubborn. I'm being stubborn. You are the most ridiculous man I have ever met. You are so controlling. I hate you." I said angrily. He let go of me, and I saw the hurt on his face. "I can't sleep in this house another day. I hate being controlled and told what to do." I said and stormed in the house. I went to my room and started packing. I called Millie to pick me up. He just watched me pack my bags. I heard Millie's horn. I grabbed my bags, struggling with them. He grabbed them and I rolled my eyes. I could have struggled my way to the car. He put them in the trunk. I got in the car.

"Keep safe." He whispered, and I nodded. I closed the door and took off.

"What happened?" She asked.

"He's so controlling." I said getting upset all over again. "I feel so bad now. I told him I hate him. I called him controlling only because he said I was stubborn. The audacity. His parents are coming to town and I said I was going to stay at the motel for the time being. He says I'm not. I am a grown woman. I can do whatever I want. I'm not comfortable with meeting his parents."

"You told him you hate him. No wonder he looked so sad. He still carries your bags. He likes you. You can stay at my place tomorrow, but tomorrow your going to apologize. He wants you to meet his parents that's a good sign." She said.

"No, I am staying tonight, but tomorrow I'm staying at the motel till Sunday. They leave Sunday afternoon." I said.

"You are stubborn." She said and I frowned. We got to her house and I slept on the couch because I chose it.