Chapter 49: Finding Providence II

Start from the beginning

If it was any other group, of course they would be shaking on their boots right at this moment.

Kladis still had a smile on his lips and his tone when he replied still contained that confidence.

"You are forgetting where we are, Billion. This is Terroa and we are on a quest. We know that you are trying to hide the Helium Guild here from Siva's wrath and we also knew that you are afraid of him and his capabilities. But we are not. We have a reason why we have announced our demand two days ago. But you forced that lie for not having him although we knew that he is there is a clear and open indication of your stance. We tried to give you a peaceful approach where we don't have to fight in the battlefield but you still refused our invitation and instead chosen to flaunt your title and name as the dog of The Union. Very well, we shall meet in the battlefield as you have deemed. Legion! Heed my command: destroy their shield and search the city. Leave no stone unturned until you find Jack Stone!"

Following the strong imposing declaration of Kladis was the unified roar of war from the countless number of winged and floating members of the Blue Card Legion.

Magical lights flew off as the shield withstood the brunt of these high-ranking magic spells.

Explosions occurred on the transparent bluish surface of the dome and the vibrations of impact frightened the citizens and the spectators around.

Although all damaging effects of the impacts were absorbed by the shield, the tremors of the sounds it created still travelled across the city and echoed in every direction as it thundered above their heads, reaching further into the distance.

The battle between these two global superpowers in the cold lands of The North had begun!

.

*****

.

Jack Stone was rattled and he gritted his teeth as he held the sword closer to his body.

"Damn it. We haven't even strengthened our ranks yet and now we are being hunted by an utterly frightening guild!"

Karim beside him couldn't help but frown as well.

"Siva's growth is really frightening. He was already a very strong individual when we faced each other but considering how he left that strong impression on us when he fought in par with Hagrid... I can't even imagine how I'm going to defeat him without my Deva's Path."

"That guy's a monster." said his vice-captain, Jin, from his left side. "It hasn't been that long since we last met and he's already strong to the point that it left the world shaken."

Everyone in Terroa had seen the videos of the fight in the Dragona and to cause an entire city to be in shambles was a feat worthy of having the title of one of the strongest players of Terroa.

Adding that frightening ability of his, [Killing Zone], then perhaps no other player in the same rank will be able to stand against him.

The resounding explosions continued and citizens' evacuation procedures were hastened to the last word.

All of the low-ranked city guards were mobilized to help the citizens and since the core members of the Helium Guild were disguised as normal citizens blending on the crowd, they were also being guided towards the catacomb shelter chambers.

Their assignments were naturally on a random area.

When evacuating, the lower floors were the first to be filled up by the citizens before the upper floors were even used. The walls were tested to have been reinforced by strengthening spells from a distant past with their quality even shames the strongest strengthening spells of the current era's magicians.