Chapter 53: Claws That Hides in the Dark

Start from the beginning

"You will not escape! This time, I'm going to crush you completely until you request for your own death."

FLASH!

A ray of light came from the silhouette of a man and that ray of light went straight for Jack who was still mourning the fall of his subordinates.

PANG!

A dull metallic sound echoed as a transparent shield made up of Mana shook off the powerful attack. But as a price, Jin who cast that spell fell back and fainted, Jack was left wide-eyed and in shock.

He survived but Jin who defended him got on his limit.

"Volga!" He yelled angrily and saw Volga ascending from the crater with an angry smile.

Pointing the tip of his sword of light at Jack, Volga erased his complacency and retorted. "Catching you is like catching a cockroach. You keep on avoiding us over and over. But no matter... today is the day you will fall by my blade."

"Tsk." Jack clicked his tongue as he surveyed his surroundings. He felt despair when they became surrounded by more than fifty knights fully clad with armors not less weak than his own.

Jack glanced at the now unconscious and probably already logged out or passed out Jin and he held the hilt of his sword, ready to lash it out with Volga anytime.

WIM! WIM!

Volga played with his sword, brandishing it like a Jedi before taking a pose with the tip facing Jack directly.

No smile of mockery could be seen on his face but only a look of anger and that of a humiliated individual. His fury rose form the fact that his so called 'man's honor' had been trampled upon and thrown around by Jack on their duel earlier.

He was a modern day prince, for goodness' sake!

How dare a lowly peon disregard that fact?!

Fury. Rage. Indescribable wrath. His chest heaved up and down as he ordered his men to surround them all.

Forget about the rules of a duel. Since it had gotten to this point, he will follow the deal with the Blue Card Legion and carry out his mission to complete his tasks.

Volga's left foot was slowly skidding. He was slowly preparing to step in.

Jack remained calm, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

He slowly raised the scabbard and took a firmer stance and then unsheathed the blade, slowly, not removing his eyes from Volga.

But before he could even unleash the sword, Volga dashed forth.

His step in was backed by his flight armor, this attack was intended to end Jack in one strike. The Light Sword aimed at his head and it was so fast that Jack was unable to react faster.

Volga was sure that he had timed this attack in a very shameless, unbefitting manner for a prince. But he had no choice left. He had to accomplish this task or he wouldn't earn the right to belong in the Blue Card Legion which he was part as a core founding member.

"I will earn my right!"

His momentum pushed his Light Sword to kill Jack Stone in one piercing attack.

Jack tried to back away, tried to swipe the tip of the light sword off his face away, or even block, or perhaps use distance to avoid injury but he was caught by surprise.

He was careless. He shouldn't have trusted Volga.

"Fool!" Volga was sure that he would succeed in this one single strike. The group was surrounded. There are more than fifty of his best men around them so in what one in a million chances would there be anything that could stop or hinder his sword from finishing his task?