Thank You, Sam. (Ch 44)

Start from the beginning

“Jaaaake!” I screamed, but it was cut short when I hit the soft pillows on my bed.

His loud roaring laughed followed before he jumped next to me.

“You’re insane” I giggled.

“Just following orders” He winked before his lips found their way on my neck again.

“AT LEAST WAIT TILL I LEAVE!” Seth’s shout made us both laugh

******---****----****---*****

“Emily, darling, where do you want me to place this?”

“mmm it smells lovely dear!”

“Embry, don’t forget to take your beano before you eat”

“Mom!”

“Clairebear!”

“Qwil!”

“Cindy! Come along to the garden. Emily does a wonderful job with her roses”

“I’m never giving you your nose back. Nope.”

“Theth!”

“Give her her nose back, idiot.”

“Why do the mashed potatoes look like that?”

“No, she won’t give me a kiss.”

“Sam made them. May God be with us all.”

“Because you’re yucky!”

“I’m gonna take not only your nose, but your entire face if you don’t give her her nose back.”

Confused? So am I. There were like seventeen different conversations going on at once all around me, and that’s just in the kitchen. Everyone we knew was basically in our home tonight. Emily was hosting Thanksgiving. All day she and I had been dying in the kitchen. My hands even smell like stuffing. I don’t know how that’s possible but it’s better than Emily’s gravy hands. We had been at it since last night as soon as I had gotten back from my date with Jake. He took me to Port Angeles for dinner and a late night stroll on the harbor. It was such a perfect ending to my school week. Aaaand he and I went to the guidance office like he had said and picked up like twenty applications each. We have a date to do those on Saturday. Everything was starting to ease back to normal and I was so relieved. However two things continued to bother me. Bella’s annoying existence and Jeremiah’s blatant creepiness . All biology period yesterday he was my lab partner and I had to deal with his stupid comments. At one point he brought up the whole hosting Thanksgiving thing. How the hell did he know that, you may ask? I have no fucking idea. But that kid was an absolute creep. And he asked me about Kim again today. When I got annoyed he accused me of being jealous. Gag. I dream about bitchslapping him one of these days. Soon.

Anyway.. where was I?.. oh, right. Well after Jake returned me home to Emily’s cooking frenzy, he and Sam relaxed on the couch but that didn’t last long. Sam was put on potato peeling duty and Jake fell asleep on the couch.

By now Cindy Ateara was outside with Destiny, Embry’s mom, and Sue. Billy, Lucas (Stella’s husband), Joshua Ateara, and the guys were now in the living room watching the game. Quil had taken Claire who was rather cranky today with him. I had watched her glare at Seth the entire way with her hand securely on her nose. My cousin was completely unfazed by it though, as usual. I decided to continue helping Emily and started to set the tables that were pretty much everywhere. Leah had disappeared somewhere, probably outside and Stella was with us in the kitchen, her large bump making me nervous. She was probably waaaay into her eighth month by now.. I think.