Lovin' Every Minute (Ch 15)

JAKE POV

After everyone was finished, Lucy had to fight Emily to get her to leave the kitchen and leave all the cleaning to her. Of course Emily hesitantly complied, and left anyway with her mug of coffee and Sam in hand. I could tell Lucy didn’t really know what she was getting herself into until her eyes widened when she saw the three skillets, grill, and waffle maker along with all the dishes and cups that needed to be washed.

“Oh damn.” She muttered and looked at me, eyes wide.

I shrugged and started picking up the plates to help her out. As I did this, I couldn’t help but steal glances at her as she stood by the sink. I had to admit she looked really hot in that short dress and boots of hers. It showed just the perfect amount of skin that can tease any guy and make him want to see more. I smiled as I watched her attempt to tie her long hair away from her face, but stop when she realized she didn’t have a tie on her wrist. So she simply resorted to twisting it to the back. My eyes were ripped away from her when Paul nudged me hard in the ribs.

“What?” I mouthed, clearly annoyed.

“Stare much?” He whispered, causing my cheeks to heat up.

I simply nudged him back. “Shut up.”

“Hey Embry can you get me the silverware?” She called over the loud noise of the faucet.

“Sorry. Dirty hands.” He shrugged, holding up his big greased hands and walking out.

Stupid Embry, always trying to get out of everything he’s asked to do. I was surprised he didn’t burn the meat last night on the grill. Lucy turned to me and shook her head in disappointment. “Boys.”

“Hey. You happen to be talking to one. One who’s helping you might I add.” I walked over and pointed a wooden spoon at her playfully.

“Well you’re the best.” She winked at me. God. If she only knew what that just did to me. I quickly turned away and chuckled, heading to get the silverware she had asked of Embry.

“Seth..” She called but was was cut off by his glare.

Stupid Seth, not wanting to be the maid anymore.

“K.. sorry Lazy. Nevermind.” She said.

He nodded once with a smile and walked out, patting Paul roughly on the shoulder on his way. He groaned, pushing him off. “The only reason I tolerate this kid is because he’s in the pack.”

I could instantly feel my eyes widening to his statement. That idiot. My head whiplashed to him and my jaw hardened. He looked at me, his eyes showing nothing but confusion. Then it clicked. His eyes widened as well.

“Pack? What you refer to yourselves as a pack?” Lucy laughed.

“Uh yeah.” I agreed, lamely, punching Paul in the arm when she looked away.

“Nice, never heard that one before.” And to my relief she moved on quickly. “Can one of you come here and roll up my sleeve again? It fell.”

I walked over with the rest of the pans and dishes and placed them in the sink for her before rolling her sleeve.

LUCY POV

“Are there any more things at the table?” I asked as I finished off the last plate and began scrubbing the pan. Paul shook his head and Embry walked in and opened the fridge with Seth tailing him. “Oh look at that, you show up when we’re pretty much done. How convenient for you.” I looked to them sarcastically.