Soulmates (Ch 29)

Start from the beginning

“Damn it!” Jared shouted, nudging Embry in the ribs as he furiously pressed a button.

“Hey! Stop… doing.. that.” Embry retaliated, leaning over onto the Jared as if that would help his character in the game.

I really shouldn’t make fun- I’m pretty sure I look the same as them when I play.

“Yo did Lucy come down yet?”

They all continued to stare at the screen as if I hadn’t just asked them a question.

“HEY! Did Lucy come down?” This seemed to get their attention since Embry paused the game and looked at me.

“what?”

“Lucy. Did she come down?”

“Oh” Embry resumed the game. “Yah.”

I looked around the living room- “where the hell is she then?”

“Out.” Jared replied.

“Where?”

“She went after Seth. Now shut up.” Paul answered this time.

I glared at him and made it my job to walk slowly across the television to get to the front door. This of course got a lot of shouts from the three idiots which made the whole situation much more amusing. I opened the front door and looked out, already seeing two returning figures. I was happy Lucy had someone besides me she could count on- someone I can trust to take care of her other than me. Of course the other guys would take care of her without a second thought- it was kind of the whole pack mentality thing: take care of each other’s imprints. But Seth and Lucy just had this deep connection and I was happy for that- because if for some reason I couldn’t be there, Seth would. And that reason of course must be some type of radioactive, life threatening cause that would make me not be there for Lucy. Because I couldn’t think of anything that could stop me from being there for her.. maybe even that radioactive, life threatening thing.

Emily’s call took out of my thoughts and I headed back to help her with whatever she needed. God knows how useless those three in there were being.

LUCY POV

Seth’s stubborn butt wouldn’t put me down, so I had given up my screaming about halfway through the walk- or should I say run. My skirt was already riding up, but I don’t think he knew, or seemed to care. When we finally made it home, we saw the boys in the same position I had left them plus Jake sitting in the armchair.

“Seth, what’d I tell you about bringing home things you find outside?” My boyfriend sighed, getting up from his chair with a smirk across his lips.

My mouth formed a perfect O “Hey!” I retaliated.

“I know, but she was too cute to not bring back.” Seth went along as he walked to the armchair and unceremoniously dropped me into it.

“Seth!” I exclaimed, adjusting myself to make sure nothing was showing that didn’t need to be.

“Oh, bacon.” Seth was no completely tuning me out, now that his stomach started having a mind of its own.

I rolled my eyes and stayed in the chair, looking up at Jake who was offering one of those smiles again.

“Hi.” I greeted with a wink.

He chuckled and waved, “Hey.”

“Sup?” I winked again.

“Nothin’” He replied with another one of his winks.