When I woke up to the sobbing of Asani at about 8:00am, Aubrey still wasn't home and I had no way to the hospital. I called and texted him, but got no response. Like usual, my parents were always there whenever I needed them and took me to the hospital. After sitting at the hospital with Asani for nearly five hours with my father and mother, Aubrey decided to call. Aubrey insisted that he'd gotten drunk and stayed at a friend's house. I gave less than a fuck about his excuse and put all my focus on Asani, making sure that she would be okay. A few days later, the stripper ended up contacting him and I found out about everything.

Not only did he leave his fiancée and two kids alone the entire night, he was out cheating while his daughter suffered. I was past upset and hurt, and disregarded any excuse or apology he thought he could give. I gave him the ring back, 'telling him he could stick it up his ass' and moved out of that condo. I packed all of our things up and moved into one bedroom at my parents' home. Soon after, I found out about Aiden. Aubrey became a whole new person, the new 'it' man of Atlanta and I hated it.

"I'll just leave before we turned this into something bigger than it has to be. If it's not a problem with you, I'd love to pick them up on Friday and take them out". I rolled my eyes, "My parents already asked for them. Why can't you actually get them on a week day? Help them with their homework? Take them to school and make sure Aiden gets to daycare on time? Why are you making me do the hard work alone"?

"Like I said, I'm not about to argue. I'll pick them up from your parents house on Sunday and keep them until Tuesday, I have a flight to catch Tuesday night so make sure you pick them up from school". Without saying anything else he left my home and walked out of the doors.

At times, he could be so nonchalant and so inconsiderate. I couldn't make a man be a man, and sure as hell I couldn't teach him to be a father.

Taking Aiden out of his car seat, I carefully carried him upstairs, placing him into his nursery to finish his nap. After making sure Aiden was okay for the next for hours, I went to check on Ace and Asani. I started with Ace first since his room was closer to Aiden's.

"Is everything okay baby"? He nodded his head, "Well why aren't you getting your things ready for school tomorrow"? He pouted, "Mommy, I heard you and daddy arguing. I don't like when you argue because he's yelling and you're yelling. It makes me mad ma, I don't like it".

His words made my heart melt. "Baby no matter how much me and your dad argue, we both love you unconditionally. I'm sorry that we argue, but there's just somethings that grown-ups go through".

After talking with Ace for a little bit more, I made sure Asani and him were showered and had everything ready for bed. I picked out their uniforms for school tomorrow and made sure to pack their lunches. They'd already ate with Aubrey, so I focused on finding me a quick snack and showered. After showering, I bathed Aiden and fed him for the night. Finally, my entire house was at peace and all of my munchkins were sleeping.

••