We're All In This Together

Lauren and Camila had happily continued their lives together for the past month without any problems. Neither of them ever proposed the idea of actually being girlfriends, but they introduced each other that way, and lived theirs lives as if they were a couple.

Lauren was so happy.

Camila was so thankful.

Everything was perfect. Camila had found a job working at a shoe store, and was planning to give Lauren her first check in order to try to compensate for all the money that had been spent on her.

Everything seemed to be going well for both girls.

~~~~~
Lauren paced back and forth anxiously waiting for Camila. Her shift ended three hours prior and she still had yet to walk through the door.

~~~~~
Camila was scared to go home.

She has gotten her first paycheck. It was her money. Her own money. It overwhelmed her that the money she was holding belonged to her.

She knew she should give it to Lauren because Lauren had already given her so much. A home, food, clothes, and the feeling of butterflies every time they were together. She began walking home when the memory of winning played in her head.

The casino was within walking distance of where she was, and when she won, Lauren would have an even larger amount of compensation. That would make her so happy.

~~~~~
After hours of worrying, Lauren finally heard a feeble knock at the door. She opened almost immediately and was greeted with a crying Camila.

"Baby what's wrong? Where have you been?! Are you okay?! Here, come sit down," she said in a rushed manor.

Lauren sat on the couch, pulling Camila onto her lap, enabling her to bury her face into the crook of Lauren's neck.

She gently stroked her back and whispered softly into her ear.
"What happened."

Lauren was extremely worried that Camila was hurt, or that something happened to her.

"I...I got m...my...my ppp...aycheck and I...," she sobbed into Lauren's shoulder.
"I went t...to the...ca...the casino to....ttt...ry to win you...m...more...but I...lost it all."

Lauren's heart picked itself up from the pit of her stomach. Camila wasn't hurt.

"I'm s...so s...s...sorry."

Lauren was a bit disappointed in Camila, but she understood Camila's temptation to do what she had always done with her money. It was the first time with money of her own, and this was something they could work on together.

"Baby, it's okay." Lauren continued to rub her back.
"I'm not mad. We can work on it. It's okay."
She tried her best to console her girlfriend.

"You...you aren't mad?" Camila asked, and she cleared her eyes from the tears.

"No. Camz, I understand it's going to be difficult to kick this habit of spending, but I'm going to help you."
(🎶We're all in this together🎶)

"Lo."

"Yes?"

"Thank you. This is the first time anyone has tried to help me."

Lauren responded by kissing the top of her head, which Camila returned with a gentle kiss against her neck.

HEELO
Alrighty. So.
Yeah.
There's going to be more angst.
It's gonna be...
Yeah.
Anyway, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 21k!!!!
Honestly did not expect this many. At all.
Thank you thank you thank you for your comments. They really make my day so feel free to drop a few.

How are you guys today?

P.S. You guys all know the song Gotta Go My Own Way from High School Musical 2? If you don't you should listen because it's actually Mila's theme song.

"I gotta say what's on my mind.
Something about us doesn't seem right these days.
Life keeps getting in the way.
Whenever we try, somehow the plan is always rearranged.
It's so hard to say,
But I've gotta do what's best for me.
You'll be okay.
I've got to move on and be who I am.
I just don't belong here.
I hope you understand.
We might find our place in this world some day.
But at least for now,
I've gotta go my own way."