A Chapter With Words In It

Camila was hesitant.

Yes they had done much more intimate things than this before, but there was something so...coupley about wanting to hold Lauren's hand.

She knew Lauren wouldn't mind, but she still had that soft inkling of doubt tickling the back of her brain.

"Camz, we're here," she said, directing the smaller girl through the gayte and into the park.

Just take her hand, Camila. C'mon. Just take it.

A million thoughts were running through Camila's mind at the simple task.
What if I miss? What if it's too fast? What if...? What if...? What if...?

She couldn't resist the temptation of Lauren's soft skin anymore. Her fingers slowly intertwined with Lauren's, her stomach fluttering when her skin ignited from Lauren's touch.

Lauren was shook with the reaction that the simple touch caused within her. They had done so much more before but this was new. It caused something to stir within Lauren. Something that made her heart palpitate and her stomach flip. She didn't know what this feeling was. She had never experienced it before.
Running her thumb over the back of Camila's thumb, they walked on.

About an hour and half later, after many conversations about nothing, yet everything, they were headed to the ice cream shop.

"Pick out anything you'd like, Camz," Lauren said, checking out the menu herself.

"Lauren, I'm going to say this again. I actually cannot thank you enough. I don't know what I could ever do to repay you. Soon I will get a job and I will pay you for food and rent and then I will get an apartment of my own and..." She was cut short by Lauren's soft lips against hers.

"It's alright, baby girl. I promise. Now pick out some damn ice cream."

Lauren settled for a chocolate chip cookie dough in a cone, and Camila with a banana split. They didn't speak for the whole time they ate. They hadn't had lunch and were starving from their walk in the park.

They were about halfway home when a man standing by an ally corner whistled at Lauren, and reached out to grab her arm.

"Umm excuse me, sir, she's with me," Camila piped up, shooking both Lauren and the man.

"Ayyyy. Dykes eh?" His raspy voice suggested he was under the influence of some type of drug. "Well, as hot as that is, I bet you would change your mind. You've never has this dick."

Lauren opened her mouth to speak but Camila interrupted.
"No sorry excuse for a person like you would ever get the blessing to be near her in any way. C'mon baby, let's go," she retaliated, ushering Lauren forward.

~~~~~~~
"Can we do a duet tonight?" Camila asked anxiously. "I've heard you sing in the shower. You can't deny you're good."

Lauren blushed.
"Alright. What'll it be then?" Lauren flipped through the pages of one of the song books.

"Here," she turned to page 27. "I want to do this one Lauren. Do you know this song?"

"Baby I love this song! I didn't know you knew it."

They talked a bit longer about the song and music in general before Lauren took her seat at the keyboard.

"Ready, Camz?"

"Yep."

A dangerous plan, just this time
A stranger's hand clutched in mine
I'll take this chance, so call me blind
I've been waiting all my life
Please don't scar this young heart
Just take my hand

Lauren instantly fell into the music. She was taken into a place of happiness and peace.

She was not taken anywhere.

Her happiness and peace was reality.

I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming (I don't know what we should do)
All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

She looked up, receiving a smile before preparing to sing.

Hold me close through the night
Don't let me go, we'll be alright
Touch my soul and hold it tight
I've been waiting all my life
I won't scar your young heart
Just take my hand

'Cause I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do
All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

Their voices sounded perfect together.  Just the right mix of Lauren's raspy voice and Camila's soothing one.

She loved it.

She loved many things in this world.

HEEEEELOOOO
Welp, I suppose the dreaded angst is next.
Honestly I'm not looking forward to writing it because I just want to be happy 😩

Anyway, thank you thank you thank you all so so so much for your support. We're up to 17k now and I can't believe it. That's a lot of freaking reads. So many people read this. It boggles my mind.

But really guys, thank you. Your comments truly make my day so feel free to give a few. Tell me what you think.

How are you guys today?