e p i l o g u e

| mara's point of view

"I was only gone from a business trip for a week and you three managed to mess up the house like this." All I could do was let out a sigh when I found my husband sleeping on Taehyung's bed still in the clothes he went to work in. Our two little cubs are napping on either sides of him and it made my heart melt in an instant. I missed them. I could never be away from them for a long time.

I wanted to get mad but I couldn't. My motherly instincts just won't let me, instead, I walked up to them from the doorway, picking up the neglected blanket that fell to the floor and placed the blanket over the three of them. Taehyung had a bump on his head which he got five hours before I arrived. Jimin had covered it with an adhesive pad after I instructed him to treat the swelling with an ice pack. I kissed Taehyung's forehead softly and smiled when he squirmed and shifted closer to Jimin's side.

Mary had thrown one of her leg over Jimin while Jimin's arm supported her head. I gently ruffled her fringes and kissed her forehead too, "Goodnight. Sweet dreams, my little cubs."

(Taehyung grew up to be Vernon lol just go along with me)

"Hey." Jimin softly spoke in the dimness of our bedroom the next morning, finding me alone in our bed. "Sorry, we fell asleep while waiting up for you. I was just so exhausted looking after the kids."

I chuckled as he moved onto the bed with me, "Are they still asleep?"

Jimin nodded and then smiled, "Those kids are heavy sleepers. They didn't even move when I left. Maybe they got it from you?"

"Dream on." I escaped from his hold and sat up, tying my hair back, "You're the one who snores."

"Fine. I acknowledge that but Mary takes after your habit of throwing her limbs everywhere." Jimin retorted, smirking knowing that he won this round.

"Can't deny that." I replied with a smile. I got out of bed, getting a sufficient amount of sleep, "It's time to start the day again."

I was glad to be back home after that tiring trip. Now I know why Jimin hated business trips. It was the first time for me. I couldn't eat while I was there, couldn't sleep properly. I constantly worried about them which would explain the number of calls they got from me for the past week. I always keep my phone near in case there was an emergency like what happened to Taehyung's forehead.

The air was chilly so I pulled my robe over my night gown, closing it entirely. I turned on the knob carefully and slowly, pushed it open. I watched them still sleeping side by side. The blanket that Jimin put over them was already on the floor. I picked it up again and was placing the blanket over their shoulders when both of his hands came to rest on my waist.