chapter | 18

| jimin's point of view

"As you can see from this point last year, sales have been relatively low. However, since the release of the new model product, we've gained significant leverage among the top competitors in the industry.."

It's been two hours and this damn meeting is still ongoing. I fucking hate meetings but this one's important because there are board members and some of the major share holders. I need to be here to assure them that they can trust the company for future investments. My water bottle is almost empty so I sent an employee to get me another one. She excused herself from me and went out of the conference room quietly.

From under the table, I took out my phone to write a text message to my pretty wife who's waiting for me at home. God, I wanna go home but I'm stuck here. I thought about what I should say, constructing a sentence and then deleting it again until I came up with a perfect one;

9:02am
What are you doing, love?

...

9:03am
What are you typing?

9:03am
Baby.

9:05am
Mom just arrived.
We're preparing my things
for when I go into labor.

9:06am
Oh, good.
Do you miss me?

9:06am
No.

9:08am
Aw, come on.
A little lie won't hurt.
Just tell me you miss me.
Do you miss me?

9:09am
Still no.

9:09am
Baby, I'm in this boring meeting.
And I'm missing you already.

I checked my phone every minute to see if she has replied yet. Surprisingly, she's taking very long.

9:15am
Fine.
You don't have to say you miss me.
But i miss you, babe.

9:16am
Baby, talk to me.

9:17am
Darling?

9:17am
Sweetheart?

9:17am
Flower?

She's not going to reply, I told myself after ten minutes of waiting so I left my phone alone and re-directed my attention to the ongoing meeting. I looked at the faces of those around me and realized that I was half of all their ages and the youngest one in the room until Yoonji barged in. The meeting ceased at once and all eyes are on my secretary who looked like she just ran up a flight of stairs.

"Mr. Park.." Yoonji was still trying to catch onto her breath. She flipped her hair and fanned her face.

"What is this?" One of the board members complained. "Who gave this girl the authority to interrupt an important meeting?"

"I did." I stood up and approached Yoonji. I know she won't embarrass herself like this if it's not an emergency. Her pride is bigger than a skyscraper, "What is it?"

"Mr. Park, you need to go.." She kept pointing at the wide open door, "Mara is-" She gripped on my arm and tried to push me to go, "She's about to fucking deliver the baby. For fuck's sake move your feet or I'm going to use my MMA skills and throw you out the freaking door!"