Two Things For Sure.. (Ch 20)

Start from the beginning

“Come on!” Jake grabbed my hand and ran with me in tow. I had no idea where he was taking me, but I didn’t really have a choice. He finally stopped and roughly pushed me into some kind of worn out tree near the side of the rocks just overlooking the waterfall. The trunk was hollowed out, creating some sort of cove. It was a really snug space so we were pretty much pressed up against each other. I leaned my head back and recaught my breath, my chest rising and falling drastically. At that moment I was really able to take in Jake. His face was only inches from mine since he was hunched over and our breaths were mixing. His perfectly sculpted face had small rain drops dripping down it and onto my face and chest. He was looking down at me as well, his gaze intense. His hands were at either side of my head up against the wall of the tree and mine were placed right at his hips so he could fit better with me. Our eyes made contact and we held our gazes for what seemed like minutes. My heart was pounding but it wasn’t because of the running I just did.

My eyes traveled from his and down his face, stopping at his perfectly shaped pink lips. I bit my own and looked back up to meet his eyes. However, he seemed to be doing the same thing. His gaze flickering between my eyes and lips. My breath caught as he began to lean slightly forward. I reached up higher on my toes, wanting to be closer to him as well. Our faces were closer than they’ve ever been before, our noses against each other. It was that moment that I realized just how much I’ve yearned for Jacob Black. I wanted him. I wanted him now. He titled his face to the side, allowing me to get closer. Our lips were now grazing and just that feeling was enough to send a rush of tingles through me. I shivered involuntarily and closed my eyes before I felt him close the distance between us. This was it. Our lips entwined in a soft way, the kiss starting off slow and delicate. I loved the feel of his lips. I felt his hand cup my cheek as he continued to move his lips against mine. It was a perfect sweet kiss that held so much emotion. After a minute, we started to speed up together, our kiss no longer so sweet, but now more needy and passionate. I needed him. My hands made way up from his hips and onto his strong hard chest. I felt his tongue graze my lip and I parted my lips just slightly to let him in. His hand made way to the back of my head, pushing me closer to him while his other arm supported by lower back. We continued like this for God knows how long, just enjoying each other. I could feel the goose bumps rise on my arm and my heart pound so hard I felt it in my head.

“Jake! Lucy!” the distant calls of our names made us both stop and quickly pull way.

Oh my God. Did this just happen? Was I really just in a tree making out with my best friend since forever? My mind was in a frenzy, everything jumbling together giving me a rush.

JAKE POV (still while they’re kissing)

Her breath on my face felt intoxicating. All I could think about were her lips being on mine. I leaned forward, getting closer to her to test my limits. She didn’t object, stretching up so she was closer as well. My heart beat hitched in my chest and if I wasn’t a werewolf I’d be concerned about my increase in body temperature. God, she had no idea what that lip biting of hers does to me. I tilted my head to the side and allowed her to come closer before I finally met her lips with mine. Blissful seconds.. or minutes passed and my hands tangled in her wet matted hair and I pulled her closer into me, my tongue exploring every inch of her mouth. I wanted everything about her. I loved everything about her. I needed everything about her. My other arm draped right in the dip of her back, resting right above her bum which made her whole body curve against mine. We fit perfectly. MY mind was a completel haze as all I focused on was this girl in my arms. My imprint. I had never felt such a rush like the one I was feeling right now and I never wanted it to end. Lucy put me on edge like nobody was ever done before and I wanted her forever.

LUCY POV

We both stared at each other, our eyes glazed over with both passion and anxiousness. I ripped my eyes away from his to look around him to the two tall figures just outside. Kim and Jared. I immediately threw my hands off of Jake’s chest and put them back to my side while he straightened up, giving me one last glance and looked outside.

“There you are. We’ve been looking for you.” Kim announced. “The rain has finally let up, let’s get home.”

Jake and I hadn’t even noticed that the rain has stopped while we were… busy. He got out first, allowing me to follow and we both walked awkwardly side by side behind Kim and Jared. Several seconds later, I felt his gaze on me so I turned to my side to see that he was in fact looking at me. I let a small smile grace my lips as I bit my bottom one nervously. He offered me one of his shy smirks and we both looked away, a red tint to out cheeks. Agh! If I could have just broken out in dance right now I would have. If I could have screamed and squealed until I had no voice left, I would have. Because two things were for sure. I wanted Jacob Black. And he wanted me too.