My Biggest Mistake (Barnes/Romanoff/Rogers x reader)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Of course."

The door began to shake as Bucky tried to get it open, growling in frustration when it wasn't working; he started to bang his fist so loudly that the echo filled your room with such a sharp force that you covered your ears to block it out. "(Y/N), let me in! Please, let me explain!"

"Go away!"

"(Y/N), please, I need to talk to you!"

"I need you to go away!" you repeated, frantically circling your room looking for anything that would work to get you out of there and away from him. For so long, Bucky's voice was your safe place and gave you comfort; now it was grating and painful, and everything that you never thought it could be. But in an unexpected stroke of luck, it was his voice that jarred a memory, leading you to his backup pack of mission gear and exactly what you needed to find your reprieve.

Tearing open your closet door, you then grabbed one of your bags and began to haphazardly throw clothing into it, trying to be sure that you had the right ratio of bottoms to tops, but in the moment, it wasn't your first concern. In the haze of tears that clouded your vision, it was hard to even tell what you were grabbing, but it would have to do. Next, under the continued boom of his voice that was cursing at FRIDAY to let him in, you hurried to the bathroom for a few necessities, again grabbing anything that seemed useful.

"Dammit, FRIDAY, it's my room too! Open the door!"

"Thanks for your help, FRIDAY," you whispered under your breath, taking a few seconds to prepare your nerves for what you were about to do. A quick pass of your sleeve over your eyes wiped away the last of the tears that you would spill for Bucky Barnes, and a deep breath cleansed you of the friendship that you thought you had with Natasha Romanoff. From this moment on, you vowed to never make this mistake again, and you would have no one to answer to or care about other than yourself. It was just so much easier that way. Gathering your strength, you picked up a bedside table, deliberately choosing Bucky's, and threw it into the large window that overlooked the compound's grounds, shielding yourself from the splayed mess of glass that it left behind.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing?" Came Steve's voice this time, sending a wave of fear through you; it hadn't occurred to you that their speed could easily eclipse your own, and trying to run wasn't the best plan anymore.

"FRIDAY, I'm gonna need one more slightly illegal favor, and for you to keep a secret."

"I will do my best, miss."

Your feet had barely touched down onto the grass when you heard a rumbling blast from your room above, followed by the slam of your door as it hit the ground after Bucky shot it cleanly from its frame. The two men charged into your room and towards the window where shards of glass were all that was left of it, and where Bucky's grappling hook was secured so that you could rappel down and away from the building. The last sight that he thought he would ever have of you was of you in the far distance, leaving this life behind in one of Tony's now stolen cars.

~~~

It was a sight that Steve knew you would want to see if you were still there, and he would be lying to himself to say that he wasn't enjoying it too. Bucky and Natasha were sitting on opposite ends of the conference room table, their eyes drawn to the floor in a clear attempt to stay away from each other; they looked like school children caught by their teacher in the worst transgression they could have made, which wasn't exactly far from the truth.

"She can keep the car," Tony finally spoke, his cold tone breaking the heavy silence, "and I've wired her enough money to take off as much time as she needs. FRIDAY has her location blocked, so don't even think about trying to find her."