Chapter 46

"Roseway's Club? Why there?"

"I dunno- Caleb said it's really cool and tons of celebrities have been spotted there, so obviously he wants our second date to be there."

Jenny rolls her eyes as our taxi driver eventually gets over her stunning good looks and starts the car.

"That boy just wants in your pants, Ari, and he probably thinks getting you drunk is the easiest way to do that."

She chuckles to herself as I sigh in annoyance, knowing very well that she's likely hit the nail right on the head there.

"Well, I feel so guilty about still being caught up on another guy that, honestly, I'll go wherever he wants to."

Jenny rolls her eyes pointedly as she pulls out her phone, undoubtedly to check that her deep plum lipstick and sharp winged eyeliner isn't smudged in the reflection it provides.

"Still thinking about Mr. Billionaire, huh?"

I can't help but feel slightly offended by the disappointed tone to her words.

"Hey, I might have forgotten about him by now if he didn't keep on popping up in my life, and if he didn't randomly give me 10,000 dollars, most likely out of pity, which I still feel incredibly guilty about keeping, by the way."

"Girl, you didn't feel guilty enough to return that minidress and those high heels."

I scoff as she bursts into laughter, once again causing the taxi driver to turn around and stare at us as we pull up in front of the club. Both Jenny and I give the driver half of the taxi fare, sending him a look before we exit his cab.

We've hardly taken two steps into the building when Caleb's arms wrap tightly around me, and I can't help but blush despite my revelation that the spark between us is virtually non-existent.

"Get a room, guys!"

Unbothered by Jenny's comment, I simply roll my eyes, but Caleb instantly flushes a deep crimson.

On first glance, the interior of the club is impressive, but surprisingly empty, but that could just be because it's not midnight yet, which, according to Caleb, is the prime time for all the college frats and sororities to arrive. I feel Caleb's hand in mine before I can really process it, and soon enough, I'm being dragged along behind him as he heads for the bar. My mouth drops open at the sight of the largest selection of bottles I've ever laid eyes on, all stacked neatly and tastefully on the shelf behind the bartender.

"And what would my lady like?"

Caleb asks in an outrageously bad British accent, and I can't help but laugh as I answer.

"I'll have a gin and tonic, please."

I tell the neon-haired bartender, and he sends me a charming, lopsided grin in response.

"Ooh, a mai tai for me, please!"

The man hardly stifles the drop of his jaw as Jenny smiles her most dazzling smile at him.

"I'll have the same as her."

Caleb says light-heartedly, and the bartender nods curtly as he sets to work. The three of us settle down on the curvy black stools surrounding the bar just as a large group of young boys emerge through the door.

"Ooh, I know where I'm spending the night!"

Jenny exclaims in a singsong voice, before leaping off of her stool and waving absentmindedly at Caleb and I as she barrels over to what I now make out to be 5 heavily tanned, bleach-blonde-haired boys in tank tops.

"There you go, beautiful."

The bartender smiles crookedly as he places my drink down on the bar in front of me.

"Thanks," I mutter as I take a large swig, but instantly regret it as my head fuzzes over.

Woah, how much gin did he put in this?

An arm on my waist catches my attention, and I turn to see Caleb grinning goofily as he somehow manages to shuffle closer without tumbling straight off of his stool. I narrow my eyes at him, gasping when I focus on the empty glass in front of him.

Damn, he downed that fast!

"It's getting busy already."

He comments. I scan the room around us, and, sure enough, the people count is gradually growing. Narrowing my eyes, I manage to spot Jenny and her posse of blondes seated on a high table on the far side of the room despite my less-than-perfect vision.