Chapter 123

Benjamin's POV:

I check my watch, relieved to see that there's only about an hour left of this flight. Thank God. I want to get off of this cramped plane as soon as possible. I have plans for this vacation. Real plans. And although I do hope to solve some of our problems along the way, I also want to... explore more with Aria. Sex with her so far has been...well, beyond anything I've ever experienced. But I want to do more. So, so much more.

Just as I'm thinking this, a flight attendant appears with trays of food balanced up her arm. My stomach grumbles in appreciation. I was so devoted to beating up punching bags at the gym this morning that I must have forgotten to eat breakfast.

Suddenly, the enormity of that realization hits me.

Did this morning's events really distract me so much that I forgot to have a meal? I don't think I've forgotten a meal in...well, forever.

The flight attendant's wide smile lingers as she slides my steak and roast potatoes down in front of me, before hastily placing Aria's spaghetti bolognese in front of her. Aria's bland smile in her direction is a clear indication of her annoyance at this small sign of affection.

If only she knew how much I receive on a daily basis.

"You're cute when you're jealous," I say subconsciously as I dig into my meal, the loud growling in my stomach informing me that I'm really glad I ordered the steak.

"I wasn't jealous."

Her denial is instant as she takes a sip of water.

"If anything I was just staking my claim."

I nearly splutter into my food. She smiles, eyes dark as she reaches out, her hand landing on my bicep.

"Mine." She whispers, copying what I've demanded of her so many times before.

I can't help the growing bulge in my trousers as she obliviously returns to her food.

"I can't believe we're going to the Bahamas together. That's just...the most romantic thing ever,"

We engage in a lighthearted conversation about what I have planned for the next few days, although I refuse to give too much away. She happily talks about her dreams to travel to various different countries other than the Bahamas, and I mentally take note of every single place she mentions.

One day I'll take you, I long to promise her, but I can't quite find the courage to do so.

Eventually, the sun sets outside the small window, enveloping the plane in a calming, dusk-like glow. I'm delighted to see Aria scraping her plate clean as the flight attendant reappears to whisk it away. At that moment, an adorable yawn leaves her lips, and she stretches her arms over her head, causing her mini dress to rise and expose her toned upper thighs. I clear my throat and look away abruptly.

Reign it in, Hansen- I try to control my longing, but it has no effect. The truth is, although I've always been a relatively sexually driven person, Aria has brought a new, all-consuming hunger out of me. It's like I could do it with her anywhere at any time and not care one bit about the consequences.

I focus my stare on my black laptop screen rather than on the dozing beauty beside me, knowing all too well that it's the only way I can possibly control myself. Only a few minutes go by before I feel a soft weight land on my shoulder. I can't help my amused smile as Aria's sleeping head nestles into my neck.

"Aria."

A sigh leaves her lips as I guess she recognizes my voice but remains fast asleep. Ever so slowly, my arm creeps around her small frame, pulling her body onto mine.

"You're very comfy."

Her words are mumbled by my shirt.

"I'm sorry if I woke you."

"Mmm."

She accepts my apology by snaking her arm around my waist and leaving a delicate kiss on my cheek. The minor contact is more than enough to stir up the feeling I thought I'd just managed to bury. I bite back my groan of both annoyance and arousal as she remains completely oblivious of the effect she's having on me.

"Benjamin?"

"Yes."

My voice is strained, and I realize it must be from reigning my feelings in so much.

"Are you hard?"

"What?"

"You heard me."

She finally opens her eyes, and the blue seems darker than usual, probably because she was just asleep- oh, and because she's laughing at me.

"I don't think I need to answer that."

I finally reply, and she laughs again, the vibrations nearly sending me over the edge.

"The giggling is not helping."

I grunt through gritted teeth as she thankfully straightens up, before ever so slightly, brushing my ear with her lips.

"You could've just told me, you know."

"But we're on a plane."

"That's not an issue."

"It isn't?"

"No."

A wicked smile appears on her face as I try to gulp down the ever-growing lump in my throat.

"Oh, but if only you'd told me sooner. There isn't enough time now."

The heat of her body is abruptly gone as she slides back into her seat.

"Are you trying to tease me?"

"That depends- is it working?"

"I'm not answering that."

"Then I'm not answering that."

"You really don't want to tease me, Aria."

"Oh, yes- I really do."

Her collected facade doesn't falter, even when I give her my fiercest, most heart-wrenching stare.

"Fine, have it your way."

I sit back in my chair with a sigh, and for the first time, I see her face drop a little. She clearly hadn't planned on me giving up so easy. I obviously haven't given up, I can just think of a better way of winning this game.