16:JOHN DOE's

Karen

Losing Damien took a serious toll on my work, I don't know if I can handle this one but I have to be strong and working is the only way I could feel that way "Hey, there is something you might want to see" David says as he walks into my office.

"What?" I answer and let out a huff, "You know when Vladimir escaped from the black site, there were three unidentified dead bodies?" He says and walks closer to my table "Yes, the ones with gun shots wounds?" I answer and sit uprightly.

"Well, the morgue just called and our unidentified bodies are now missing bodies" he stands there waiting for my response but I am out of words "So, someone stole the bodies?" I ask "That's our only conclusion for now"

"Okay. Ask for their surveillance footage from the night in question and the autopsy report from the bodies"

"That's the things, the bodies haven't been autopsied" I mentally debate on whether to smash the coroners head into pieces or hunt down dead bodies and perform the autopsy myself.

"What do you mean they haven't been autopsied?" What comes next definitely isn't going to be good "So, the coroner said that just by looking at the bodies he could tell the gun shot wounds wasn't the causes of their death"

"What was then?"

"He didn't get the chance to find out, he was given orders not to operate on the bodies"

"By whom?"

"I don't know, but from the looks of it... CIA, NSA maybe some powerful government official?"

"Shit, Let's get to that morgue"

***

The moment we get into the morgue we were directed straight to where the bodies were being kept by one of the nurses. "Hi, I am Murphy Owen, I was the one in charge of the bodies"

"So doc, do you mind telling me how three dead guys waltz outta here?" I think that came out a little bit harsh but to be honest I wasn't really in the mood for bullshit "I have no idea" he states.

"When did you find out the bodies were missing?"

"Last night, we were to incinerate some other bodies and I decided to check on them, that's when I realized they were missing" the doctor answered. "How often do you check up on your bodies?"

"Well.... Um, we don't..."

"You don't check up on your bodies?"

"We only do so when necessary"

"When was the last time you checked up on em?" I ask again and no answer.

"A few days?" Still no response from anyone

"A few weeks?" No goddamn response

"Months?!" My voice was sorta loud this time.

"So you are saying that our 'John doe's' could've been gone for months and you wouldn't have noticed?" Owens cleaned his hands on his scrubs at least every five seconds; he had sweaty palms.

I walk out of the room and into the main hall and see David already coming my way "I got the footage" he says and swings a flash drive in my face "Good, now let's get out of here before I shoot someone"

He looks at me with his eyes wide open and his mouth slightly open "That was a joke right?" He asks "Nope" I say and unlock the car before getting in.

By the time we get back to the office I had cursed at least six other drivers on the road "Check for anything suspicious activity on the surveillance, David and bring it straight to me" I say as we get into the building.

"Wayne?... In my office" The director says and I obey. "Look Wayne... Its been a month since you buried your son and I will understand if you have to take a time off" he says. I understand why he is saying this, after Damien's burial I have been an ever counting time bomb.

Looking for any and every reason to be angry "Look, I can handle myself" I stop to avoid shouting or saying something rude "Plus you need me to catch Restova" I say and I leave the office without saying a word more.

This one was intentionally short but hope you're enjoying it.

Vote and Comment

AdA_eZe- The night