Daniel

It's different now. Between me and Daniel, it's changed. I suddenly know how I feel. I was so unsure of what I felt or what it was but I get it now...and here's why......

"What do you mean, there is no point to this argument," she said.
"Yah, there really isn't. I'm just saying that he's a good person and he's my friend," I said.
"Ok fine. He's your friend but you don't even care about him so why are we fighting," she added.
That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. Like an elephant stomped on my head. Like someone chucked a baseball at me. (I think you get the point.)

It was one of those realizations like in the movies. That someone suddenly gets something. That's what happened to me. As soon as she said, "..you don't even care about him so why are we fighting..." I knew.
I do care about him. A lot. It's not just care. I like him. I really like him. Seeing him with other girls always bugged me. Seeing him do well without me sucked. Being with him made me smile. And seeing the face he makes when he looks at me that makes me feel like no one else matters but me. I like him. And nothing can change that.

No matter what he does I forgive too easy. I can't hold a grudge. I can't hold it against him. Even if I want to. He can make the strangest remark and even say things I don't care for but what matters is how we are. How we are together.

Nothing hurts more than to not be able to be near him. Then to not talk all the time. But it has to be done. I don't understand why. I don't know why. I wish that things were different. But we will be blessed if we do the right thing.

Ok, so I like him. But how much do I actually like him, I thought. Well, I told Liv. I figured it out. "Well, how much do you think about him?" And Rose, "How do you feel putting everything else aside?" The truth is, I never knew how much I actually think of him. Like, I'll see something and think, oh, Daniel would like that, or, wow I wonder if Daniel would like this on me.

How do I feel? I don't know yet. Putting everything else aside and truest thinking about how I feel. I like him. I really do. I like being with him and having fun with him.

"You look amazing," Daniel said as I walked out of cheer.
"Thanks, but I'm all sweaty and gross," I said
"No, you always look good. Especially in that."

No matter what I wear he always says the same thing, " you look amazing".

We went to our normal place but this time was different. This time, I know how I feel. I know me. And I know him. I know us. His kiss felt new and nothing could ever be better. It was us. Shoving all of the problems aside and not thinking of the consequences, we just were there. Together. It was me and him. Him and me.
Us.