Is It True?

We haven't talked in weeks. Ever since Nick asked her out and I started dating Reese there has been a silent war between us. She still goes through my mind daily. Most people don't know what that's like. To have someone float through your mind even at the most random times. She's still in my head. I can't get her out.

Reese and I stopped dating after she told me that I wasn't good enough and that I'm flirting too much with the lunch girls. I guess I am. Oh well, I didn't really even like her anyway. I'll just have fun with everyone else.

I walked down the hallway to get my my locker before class when I overheard Ella and some of the lunch girls talking. "Ya, they did, not that I'm shocked though," said Ella.
"Wait, Really?! Autumn? Slept with him?! NICK?!" Added Sam.

My whole body feels heavy. I forbid tear to rush down my face as I hear those words. My arms feel like they are going to fall off my body and my legs are starting to crumble. Why is this affecting me? I don't care, right?

WHAT! My brain stars functioning again and I realize that I need to walk. Ok, legs move. They do, but barley. I have to process this, I have to take it in. I knew that Nick and Autumn were dating but I NEVER thought she would go that far. WITH HIM? Why him. He's not even that good looking. Not that I noticed.

I have to find out the truth. Should I give up this silent argument and ask her? Maybe I will, I miss being friends. I miss her.

I'll ask her as soon as school gets out. I'll wait for her cheer practice to end and make up with her after. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out good. What am I going to say though. I can't just go up to her and ask her about something so serious after not talking for 3 weeks.

I'll figure it out. This I have to know if it's true.