Delicate Flowers

They next walked past the parkour course along the starting platform towards the door which, according to MonoWither, should lead to the last room in the resort. However, this time the door was transparent and they could see inside.

Seto stared through the glass door, bewildered by how many vibrant colors he saw. The door appeared to lead to a giant greenhouse that was filled with rows upon rows of all sorts of beautiful, lavish flowers (above them hung rows of flower pots from the ceiling). Outside, there was a bright blue sky, and sunshine poured in through the glass ceiling.

"I bet it's another one of those digital screens," Jason grumbled. "A digital screen with a door handle on it for shits and giggles."

"Well, let's see about that..." Annie muttered as she pushed down the doorknob. To everyone's surprise, it actually swung open to reveal that what they had seen was actually real and not just a digital image.

Annie frowned and turned to look at Seto. "Seto, you go in."

Seto blinked in confusion, startled. "Wh-What?"

"Something doesn't feel right about this room, so I want you to go in first."

Tyler glared at her. "Hey! What if he gets hurt?"

Annie shrugged. "He's a sorcerer, isn't he?"

Seto sighed before making his way in front of her. She wasn't wrong--despite how beautiful everything looked, something did feel very off about this place, and since he had the best way of protecting himself, he was the best choice. He braced himself before cautiously stepping inside, looking around for any traps. He scanned the flowers, checking for anything suspicious, when he noticed one strange object buried halfway in the dirt among a row of poppies.

Seto glared at MonoWither, whose bottom half was planted in the ground. "Ooh! Pick us, pick us!" MonoWither cried out. "Have you seen anything more beautiful than us?"

Seto pointedly ignored them and walked past. He noticed that he could see a grassy field, trees, and the sky through the glass, but he had a feeling it was fake. The rest of the group followed him from behind.

"Gah! Cold-hearted rejection! Woe is us!" MonoWither pried themselves from the ground before spinning around rapidly, sending specks of dirt flying everywhere. Everyone in the group shielded themselves with their arms. "There, much better!"

Seto knelt down next to a patch of dandelions, reaching to touch them. With all these flowers, maybe they could finally eat something!

But of course, when his fingers touched one of the flowers, he realized it was too good to be true.

"Hah! Think we don't know that some flowers are edible? We're not stupid at all! Naturally, we replaced all these flowers with fake ones! Pretty ingenious, isn't it? Now they'll never rot and die, and this greenhouse will stay beautiful forever!"

"You've really thought of everything!" Bodil lamented.

"What's the point of a greenhouse if you're not even going to have real plants?" Jordan asked, looking around.

"Well they look realistic enough! Besides, we thought it would be a nice compromise! You guys obviously like the outside world, so we took it and made it better!"

"N-No, you really didn't..." Jason muttered. "I bet that's not even real glass and that outside view's all fake."

"Well you're right, they're all digital screens, but unfortunately if something hits them with enough force they'll shatter like any piece of technology... What would you find behind these screens? Who knows? Anyway, it's brilliant, huh? Now you get all the benefits of stepping outside without ever having to leave the resort! No more reason to try to escape!"