Pointing Fingers

"So... where do we start?" Ashley asked after a few seconds of silence. "Has anyone found any important clues? Because no one on the first floor found any..."

"Why don't we start with a certain letter we found in Jerome's pocket?" Ryan asked, something dangerously flashing in his blue eyes. "Seto? You have it, right?"

Seto sighed as he gingerly pulled out the piece of paper, taking great care not to tear it. He read it aloud once again, this time to the 11 remaining participants in the courtroom.

Jerome,

Read this letter alone in your room and make sure that the camera can't see what I've written here.

I wrote this letter instead of telling you outright so that whoever's controlling MonoWither won't find out what we're planning. I've decided that you should meet me in the pool area at around 5:00 am tonight. I doubt the mastermind behind all of this will be watching us then, they'll probably be sleeping. What I wanted to say earlier was that one of steel plates covering the window by the pool doesn't seem to be screwed on tightly enough. With your strength, maybe we could break out of here! It's worth a shot, right?

I know this probably sounds suspicious, especially after the motive, but please trust me on this. You know I'd have no reason to kill you. You already know my secret, since I told everybody. So please believe me! If we can escape this place, we can all be saved! Don't you want to leave?

I hope you'll trust me on this, although I'll understand if you don't. But this might be our only chance, our only hope...

When he was done, no one knew what to say. Ryan, however, still seemed to be extremely eager to catch the culprit and avenge Jerome. "See? The killer was someone who told everyone their secret, right? So that means that we can narrow down all the suspects to just Jason, Tyler, and Seto! It must have been one of them who killed Jerome!"

Jason's face visibly paled at the mention of his name.

"We're down to three suspects already?" Bodil asked, stunned. "That was really fast!"

Steven looked slightly more optimistic. "Maybe this won't be a lost cause after all!"

"But it's not enough," Jordan pointed out. "It's still two suspects too many."

Steven's face fell. "Yeah... that's true... And... I don't want to believe any of them would kill someone..."

"Jason, Tyler, Seto, do any of you have proof you're not the killer?" Annie asked quietly.

Jason closed his eyes, exhaling a long breath in an attempt to calm himself down. "...I-I've got nothing, unfortunately..."

"Th-There's gotta be something!" Tyler squeaked, eyes darting back and forth. "I swear I'm not the killer, I-"

"Seto?" Annie continued.

Seto bit his lip. He could see Bonks out of the corner of his vision giving him a rather strange look. Maybe, if he told everyone what he'd tried to do, it could serve as an alibi...

No, you can't! They can't find out what you did! They'll never trust you ever again! They'll never see you the same way again!

"...I..." Seto swallowed nervously. "I don't..." he lied.

"What if the letter lied?" Jason suggested, clearly attempting to find some way to clear his name of suspicion. "I mean... maybe the letter was slipped under Jerome's door or something... It wasn't signed, right? So the killer could have lied about having revealed their secret and Jerome didn't know!"