Sweet Dreams

Seto found himself curled up in a grassy yard. He blinked in confusion before sitting up and looking around, only to see that he was in front of a building lightly decorated with flowers. "Ms. Nancy's Orphanage for Children" was the sign.

Oh, I must have fallen asleep outside again...

Sure enough, that's when he heard the door open. "Seto! What on Earth are you still doing outside?!" a rather-bosomy middle-aged lady exclaimed, hair rollers still tangled in her blond hair.

The boy stood up and brushed the stray blades of grass and dirt from his white cloak. "S-Sorry Ms. Nancy!" he apologized.

Ms. Nancy ran down the steps and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Come inside, child, you'll catch a cold!"

Seto sniffled. "No, I'll be fine. My cloak is warm!"

Ms. Nancy stopped guiding him up the frost-coated steps and traced the red heart on the child's white cloak. "Your heart is strong, but...?"

"...I still need to take care of myself," Seto finished sheepishly.

Ms. Nancy smiled and ruffled his curly brown hair. "That's right, my child. Now come inside-"

Seto suddenly looked across the yard and saw a man wearing a black cloak walking away from the orphanage. "W-Wait-! Daddy!" Without a second thought he pulled away from Ms. Nancy and sprinted across the yard, tugging open the fence gate and chasing after the man.

The man continued to walk away, not looking back for an instant.

"Daddy! Daddy wait! Daddy!!!" Seto screamed. Without warning, someone grabbed his shoulder and stopped him. "No Ms. Nancy, that's-!" Seto turned around and found himself staring into the charred face of someone who was most definitely not Ms. Nancy.

Seto staggered away. "S-Seth?" he asked quietly.

"You let me die for nothing..." Seth growled, anger flaring in his dark eyes.

"What? N-No! I didn't-"

"I died trying to save everyone and you let them get killed anyway!!!" Seth shrieked.

"No! Stop it!" Seto cried out. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I-"

"Seto..."

Seto whirled around and saw Jade walking towards him. Blood dripped from the corners of her mouth, and when she spoke the crimson spread down to stain her blue dress. "I trusted you to catch the thief... But you failed... It's all your fault I'm dead!!!" Jade ran forward and grabbed Seto's arm, staining the white cloak with her bloody handprints. "It's all your fault!"

"I'm- I'm sorry Jade- I tried-"

"YOU DIDN'T TRY ENOUGH! I HATE YOU!!!"

Seto tore his arm away and fled. "Daddy! Daddy come back!" he pleaded desperately. The man in the black cloak was now further away. Seto tried closing the distance between them when someone tackled him from the side. Seto looked up and saw Sky glaring down at him. He was covered with dark, oozing stab wounds.

"I can't believe I ever saw you as a friend," Sky said, shaking his head with disapproval. "You sentenced me to death. You did this to me..."

"I'm sorry..." Seto whispered, tears streaming down his face. "P-Please understand-"

"Maybe I should have just let you kill yourself a long time ago!!!" Sky screamed.

Seto choked out a sob as he scrambled to his feet once again. "No- No no no- Please- Please forgive me!" He looked up and realized that the black-cloaked man was even further away, disappearing into a thick fog. "DADDY!!! DADDY HELP ME!!!" He breathed heavily as he struggled to move forward towards the man, but his legs were growing sluggish.