Poisoned Betrayal

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to my long-time friend TheKungFuFerret from DeviantART, who had to deactivate unexpectedly. Not sure if you'll read this, but I hope that you're happy wherever you are and that someday we'll be able to talk again ^_^)

The participants all gathered in the lobby, too apprehensive to speak.

"Come on, take a seat! These sofas and chairs are very comfy!" MonoWither exclaimed.

No one moved.

"Aw, fine. Whatever you want, as long as you're fully relaxed! But just a word of advice: you might want to take a seat for this!"

"Just tell us what you did to our 'possessions'!" Jordan snapped.

"Oh, well, we actually wanted to start off with something else!" MonoWither said. "There's still something we need to discuss..."

"Like what?" Jason asked shakily.

"Hmmm, we don't know, maybe like your attempt to escape?!"

Everyone flinched guiltily.

"They- They TOLD us to escape!" Bodil stammered. "They carried me out of there! I had no choice- We had no choice-"

"To be honest, we didn't want things to come this way," MonoWither confessed, hovering around the group. "But after what you've all done, there's no way we can ignore it. You know what this means?"

They were all too afraid to speak.

MonoWither's red eyes gleamed as their grins widened. "It means... that someone must be punished..."

"You can't do this!!!" Jason shouted in horror.

"Exactly!" Annie yelled. "We never broke any of your stupid rules!"

"You didn't? But explain Show Rule Number 1!"

1. The show participants will live a communal lifestyle with no time limit inside the filming area.

"You all left the filming area and thus you all broke the first rule! Gosh, do any of you follow directions?"

Bodil screamed. "No! I'll do anything, please don't kill us!"

"Tsk, tsk, Bodil, didn't you understand us? We only said 'someone' must be punished, not all of you!"

"But- But who?" Bonks asked, her voice shaking as she moved her arm defensively in front of Steven.

"Well, we're going to leave that to the cruel mistresses of luck and fate!" Everyone backed up instinctively as MonoWither levitated a metal spear and pointed it at them.

"C-Can't we talk about this?!" Tyler squealed, staring at the sharp point with absolute terror.

"I thought you didn't want any more deaths that weren't murders or executions," Seto hissed.

"There's only eight of us left," Jordan muttered. "Are you really sure you want to get rid of one more person?"

"Well, well, we also don't want you guys trying to escape! So it pains us to say that there's no convincing us otherwise. We've been far too soft on you all! We need to stamp out all that unacceptable behavior once and for all!"

"We- We promise! We won't do it ever again!!!" Bodil shrieked.

"Silence!" MonoWither commanded, shaking the spear.

Everyone obeyed, too afraid to defy them.

MonoWither waved the spear back and forth, pointing at each of them one by one. "Now, now, don't you dare move an inch! If we miss, we might make the punishment even more agonizingly slower! We have precise aim, so we're sure it'll only hurt for a split second!"