Lies and Deceit

Shocked and suspicious murmurs broke out across the trial room.

"You! You must have used Jerry to hide the bloodstains! You must have given yourself the sleeping potion as an alibi! You must have killed Husky!" Jason shouted.

"I did not," Jordan said in a rather deadly voice. "It wasn't me who killed Husky, and I can prove it."

"All right, prove it then!" Jason yelled. "What's this 'proof' you've got?!"

"You guys found me in an instrument case, right? I must have been trapped in there by the killer since I couldn't have closed it from the inside," Jordan argued.

"Yes, you could have!" Jason snapped. "It was a zippered case. You could have still closed it from the inside by pushing the slider!"

"That's not very easy to accomplish..." Bonks mumbled.

"It... It's still doable, though..." Steven said hesitantly. "But... Why would Jordan put himself to sleep?"

"Exactly," Jordan stated. "It wouldn't make sense for me to do that if I was the killer. How would I have been able to do that in the first place? I got hit in the back of my head!"

"You could have drunk the potion yourself and smashed the glass when you were inside the case," Annie replied, glaring at Jordan suspiciously.

Jordan gritted his teeth.

"Sleeping potions often remove a person's memory, don't they?" Tyler asked. "Seems pretty risky to do that, doesn't it?"

"Thank you," Jordan grumbled.

"Perhaps that was all part of the plan," Ashley murmured thoughtfully.

"What?!" Bonks asked, horrified. "You mean he removed his memories on purpose?!"

"...It would prevent himself from verbally slipping up, wouldn't it?" Ashley asked. "He wouldn't be able to make a mistake, simply because he would have no memory of the crime."

Jordan's eyes widened, a terrible idea seeping its way into his mind. "I..."

"So you're suggesting that Jordan did it but doesn't remember at all?!" Steven exclaimed.

Jordan's resolve wavered for a moment before he clenched his fists. "I wouldn't do something like this in the first place! I would never consider murdering anyone!"

"Well so far you haven't produced any actual proof, have you?!" Jason snapped. "Let's face it, you were the only one up there during the time of the murder. Everyone else was down on the first floor. Three people had to have been on the third floor to trigger Ryan's body announcement. A slime was used to hide the place where Husky was attacked. It has to be you, there's no one else!"

"Well just because Jerry's a slime doesn't mean I used them. The killer could have very well used a slime that was in one of the monster cells. It doesn't have to be me," Jordan argued.

"That still isn't proof at all," Annie murmured. "Steven, is there any way to figure out if Jerry was the one who was used to soak up the blood?"

"...Not to my knowledge, no..." Steven said hesitantly.

"Excuse me for a second," Seto said suddenly, raising his head. "Jordan, could you repeat everything that you remember happening before you were hit by the sleeping potion?"

Jordan thought for a moment. "I received a letter from Husky, asking me to meet him in the central hall at 11:00 pm to help him look for Ryan. But... the more I think about it, the more I think I got a second one that told me that the meeting time was changed to 10:30 pm for some reason..."