Chapter 4: The First Day of the Last

When you are ready, please come downstairs.

After last night, my anger has lessened but now my fear is striking. My parents would have no idea where I am, and I have no way to contact them without my phone. I should have memorized their numbers, but... oh. I forgot for only a moment.

I do not know who this guy is, but I want proof of what he told me last night. I need physical evidence.

I get out of bed and go to pick up my pants, but they are gone. Damn it, now he stole my pants, what else did he steal. I wish I used a purse last night, but I decided against it. I have nothing left of mine other than my sweater.

I leave the room and make my way downstairs, the scents of bacon soar through the air and up through my senses, clouding my thoughts of what I came down to do. I cannot think other than my need for food as I step into the kitchen. Shawn cooks over a hot pan and serves the cooked bacon onto the plate in front of me.

"Good morning." He says.

Growls erupt from my stomach, replying good morning. The corner of his lip quirks up.

"I thought this would help as a peace treaty." He loads the second plate with bacon, following by eggs in both. All I want right now is to sit down on the bench and gobble down the food in front of me, but I won't give in that easily. He needs to know I mean business.

"Do you have strawberries? Only then will I accept your peace treaty. For now, that is."

He opens the fridge and low and beholds a packet of strawberries comes out along, with melon and raspberries. I take some of the fruit, hiding away my glare behind my hair. I catch his smirk for the corner of my vision, as I sit down at the table my plate making a loud clatter as it hits the wood. He joins me with his own plate.

"Oh, I almost forget." He returns to the kitchen and in both hands are tall glasses of orange juice. He sits down in front of me, and I stare down at the plate in front of me. I looked so good that my stomach could no longer contain is growling monster noises. I wrap both arms around my abdomen hoping to conceal some of the noise.

"So have you accepted my peace treaty?" I finally look up to him and catch his caramel eyes staring into my plain blue ones. His smirk remains plastered across his face.

"I can tell you're hungry. So is it a yes?" He insists.

How was I supposed to say no? I was starving at this point and a few more seconds my stomach would growl even louder than before.

"Fine." I grab a piece of bacon and shove it into my mouth. It crunches to perfection and my mouth waters satisfied of the salty taste. He begins eating his own food, and we sit in silence until we are done eating. 

I move to bring my plate to the kitchen, but he refuses and takes my plate along with his. I sip on the remainder of my juice until it is just a glass. I look down the hallway towards the front door. I could easily just run out the door and leave. I could escape right now and be on my way home. My only problem. The kitchen opening is right before I make it to the door. Even if I tried, he would spot me and then I would not be able to get out of here. I honestly feel like a prisoner at this point, coming up with different ways to escape this house. But then there is this small part of me that doesn't want to leave. No, it's not because he is good looking and being sweet. Okay, maybe that's part of it. Yes, I find him attractive. Now the word is out. But in all honesty, that isn't why I stayed, or because he is famous.

He joins me once again at the table and stares out the window to my left. I missed my chance.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"I want to leave. Now." I say before I can catch my words. I have a bad habit of not thinking before I talk.

"I think you should see something before." He takes out his phone, taps a few times and then gives it to me.

An article by a famous Hollywood magazine, which I have never heard of before, but there I am, holding his hand in the park running away from the photographers. My face is covered by my hair, thankfully. I look closer at my free hand and my phone is enclosed within my fingers. Above the image runs the title Who is the new she? I hold back my gasp and hand back his phone roughly.

"My agent says you should stay here until this story is dropped. The reporters will be looking for you-"

"Where is my phone?" I demand. "You took my phone, didn't you. so I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone. Give me back my phone now!" I stand up throwing the chair down. He rises from his seat and puts his hands in front of me. I go to punch him but he catches my hands in his. I yank my hands back but his strength overpowers mine. So much for doing that push up last year.

"I want to go home." I continue to yank my arms back and he tags me to his chest, pinning my arms.

"I'm just a prisoner here, just like you." His face is an inch away from mine and my senses become overclouded by his fresh scent. I can't place it just yet, but soon enough I will know it as sweet jasmine.

My knees give out beneath me and I hold back a sob. The overwhelming fact that I was plastered across the article of a magazine and the fact I can't leave is too much for me to accept. My face falls into his chest and I sigh. There was no use trying to fight it anymore. I was stuck here. But wait, what did he say? He is a prisoner just like me. I guess he is going to be a fellow inmate. He rubs my back as I am pressed against him.

"Anna, are you okay?" He whispers. I nod in his chest. "I know it is hard to accept right now and I know it's not the ideal thing, but if you leave this will blow up and you will never have a normal life again. In one week, this will all be forgotten and you can return to your life as it was before."

He lets me go, and I dash away my tears moving to pick up the chair.

"why don't we do something fun to take our mind off all of this?" 

P.S. Please leave comments below of what you think so far! thanks!!