Chapter 1: The Beginning

He was going to travel the world, and I was going to be stuck here alone.

I couldn't tell him to stay, no matter how much I wanted him to, I couldn't take away his dreams. I haven't seen him in two months, and I feel like my heart is breaking without him. I wish he could pull me into his arms, as all the times he had before when I needed him. I wish I could be near him and just listen to his heart beating as I fell asleep. I wish I kissed him before he left to pursue his dream. I wish...

I wish he was here.

I am currently watching him perform on New Years wish Ryan Secrest, singing his heart out to the song of the girl who broke his heart.

Why did I let him go?

I bet you're sitting here reading this in the comfort of your bed, content with the fact that I am going to tell you the story of how I broke Shawn Mendes' heart, well all I have to say is, get some tissues.

Maybe I should start this story at the beginning.

Friday, November 12 - Toronto

I was on my way to school for my 1:00 class as I have been doing for the past fours months of my college experience, just minding my own business. I guess you are assuming that I was going to bump into him in the streets or in the metro system, just casually. Well, that didn't happen.

I went to class and came back home right after, avoiding all people in the process. Sadly, I had to come home and just work on homework. Not like I had much of a social life. It's not like I don't have friends. I do. But Friday nights are the nights I like to take to myself to write. I could just sit at my laptop for hours just writing about a new story idea I had come up with during that day. It was time for me. Then my phone starting ringing.

"Hello?"

"Anna, do you want to hang out tonight?" Kacey asked.

"I can't tonight. Maybe next time."

"Please." She begged.

How was I supposed to say no a second time? This was actually the first time she even asked me to hang out. I guess there was something inside of me telling me I should go, like this inkling. So I went. I met her at her place downtown and we made our way to one of the many restaurants in Toronto. She continued to talk about her boyfriend and ever little aspect she hated but loved about him. She was lucky she had someone to comfort and support her, even if he drove her insane.

We sat down at a table for four people and then she sprung something on me.

"So Jason is going to come meet up with us." She said in her very white girl voice. "He has something he wants to talk to you about."

"What could he possibly want to talk to me about?" I questioned her, just as the waiter approached us with menus.

I opened the menu and peered through the long list of food, but ending up going with the same one I get every time. A basic cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. It satisfied my cravings every single time.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Oh right. He didn't want to say, cause it's really important to him."

I guess I have to give it to him. Out of the two years they have been dating, I haven't even heard more than two words from him before he would start making out with Kacey. It annoyed me, but normally I would leave right away as they would start flicking their tongues everywhere. I guess I get weirded out because I haven't kissed anyone yet. Yes I know what you are thinking, a college student who hasn't kissed anyone, that must be a lie. Well, its true. I've had mini boyfriends, but they never even tried to hold my hand let alone try to kiss me.

"Excuse me, is someone using this table?"

I turn to a tall guy with curly brown hair and a glistening pearly white smile staring right at me. I remain in aw as I take in my sight. He wears a black leather jacket and a blue shirt underneath, along with white and black watch sticking out from the edge of his shirt sleeve.

How could any girl in my nature not loose her words by staring at him?

"Yes someone is going to sit there," Kacey responds for my lack of words.

He smiles again. "Thanks anyways."

He turns to leave and settles down at another table all alone. I assume he is waiting for someone to join him. How a guy looking like a prince be all alone.

"Anna, you should totally go ask for his number."

I burst out into laughter, thinking she was totally kidding. Her face twisted as I laughed and I immediately stopped.

"You're serious?"

"If you won't, I will." She dared. I knew she meant it too. If I didn't, she would walk right over there and tell him some story about me and get his number. So I got up and walked over to his table and sat down.

"Hi." He said, his smile concealed behind his perfect lips.

I'm starting to think he must be a model or something because of how perfect he is. Like who wouldn't want to admire that face for hours. And with that thought, my face began to burn ferociously. Thank god I decided to put makeup on because I would of never have done what I was about to do.

"Hey. I was wondering ... why are you sitting here all alone?" I could have come up with a better question, but that was the first thing that comes to my head and honestly, I kinda regret asking that question, but oh well.

"I'm only here for the weekend so I decided that since I got Friday off, that I would come eat some food and enjoy the comfort of being alone."

I guess he is like me in that sense, liking Fridays to be alone.

"Why are you here only for the weekend?"

"Maybe I should ask you a question since you just asked me one." He laughs.

"Sure. What do you want to ask?"

"Would you like to have dinner with me, seeing as you are already sitting down and now you friend seems to be distracted."I turn to see her and Jason's faces mushed together, just as i figured they would be when he arrived. He didnt even seem to mind taking the place i was sitting at previously. He was so concentrated on Kacey and only Kacey. I turn back to him with butterflies floating around in my stomach.

"Why not?" I smile.