Chapter 29

ENJOY! <3 comment, vote, and fan! thankss :D

That night, I was at my kitchen sink washing dishes and singing to my Taylor Swift songs when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

            “Hey,” Harry whispered in my ear.

            I got butterflies in my stomach again. I turned around and flicked some water in his face and laughed. He closed his eyes and I wiped my hands on a towel. I turned back around to face him when he pulled me into him.

            “Miss me?” I asked smiling.

            “Mmm…” he hummed kissing me again. I ran my hand through his hair, taking this all in.

            “I saw your interview today,” I whispered pulling away an inch.

            “Really?” he said giving me small kisses. I nodded. God, I loved him so much. I pulled away and turned back around to finish the dishes.

            “I’ll finish,” Harry said and he took the sponge from me.

            “Thanks,” I said smiling. I went over to the fridge to find something to drink. I sat down at the table and took my phone out. I went on my twitter and looked through my messages. I was shocked. I was getting hate. I didn’t say anything, I just continued looking through the huge list of comments.

            Harry turned around when I didn’t say anything. “Maya?”

            I didn’t look up. I was too upset. My breathing became uneven again but I couldn’t stop reading what people were saying to me.

            “Oh no…” Harry said. He quickly dried off his hands and came over to me. I didn’t look at him. “Let me see,” he said to me but I shook my head and continued scrolling through. The majority of it was hate. There were a couple that said I was really pretty and whatnot but the hate people were giving me was overwhelming. I put my phone on the table and brought my knees up to my chest.  

            “Maya…” Harry said again but I shook my head. He took my phone and looked through the tweets, his face hard. I put my head in my knees and tried to keep my tears back. I heard Harry put my phone down and took my hand in his. I didn’t look at him.

            “Maya,” he said, “Look at me.”

            I shook my head, “No…” I said unsteadily.

            “Maya please,” he said.

            I shook my head again. Why did people hate me? What did I ever do to them?

            Harry stood up and picked me up out of my chair. I started crying and he took me over to my couch. He sat down and put me in his lap. I cried into his chest and he put he held me closer to him. He knew this was going to happen eventually. He had to have known. This was exactly why I didn’t want us going public. But it’s not like we could break up or something. No. I loved Harry too much to break up with him and he loved me. We loved each other.

            “Harry…” I whimpered and he rubbed my back.

            “It’ll be okay…” he whispered reassuringly.

            I looked up at him, my cheeks stained with tears, “They- they…”

            “I know,” he whispered.

            “Why?”

            “People are jealous… and they take their anger out on you…”

            I looked at him with wide eyes and he looked down at me.

            “I’m not ugly… I know that…”

            “You definitely are not ugly Maya,” Harry whispered.

            “But… but…” I tried to say but I couldn’t. It was all too much for me.

            Just then, my front door opened and the rest of the band walked in.

            “We saw!” Louis exclaimed and he ran over to where we were sitting.

            Liam sat down next to Harry, “Maya don’t take any of it to heart. None of it is true.”

            I shook my head and buried it deeper in Harry’s chest.

            “Maya…” I heard Niall say behind the couch.

            “Please Maya,” Louis said taking my hand in his. I pulled my head away from Harry’s chest and sniffled. His shirt was stained with my tears. Damn it Maya… I tried wiping it away with my hand but it didn’t do anything.

            “Its fine,” Harry whispered and I looked at it doubtfully.

            I looked around at everyone sitting around me and I suddenly felt embarrassed. I wiped my eyes again and Zayn handed me a tissue. I took it from him and wiped my nose.

            “Are you okay now?” Niall asked and I shrugged.

            “Niall…” Louis said shooting him a look. Zayn walked out of my kitchen with my phone in his hand. He was scrolling through the comments with his jaw dropped.

            “How could they…?” he said and I wiped my cheeks again. Harry took the phone from him and exited out of my twitter account.

            “I think that’s enough of Maya’s phone…” Harry said and I merely nodded. He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes.

            “We’ll stop this,” Liam said and everyone agreed.

            “Guys…” I started.

            “No Maya, you shouldn’t have to live with this, we’ll make sure it stops,” Louis said. I looked at him and his blue eyes pierced into mine.

            I sighed, “Fine.”

            We sat in silence for a couple minutes, no one daring to say anything. Our breathing and my occasional sniffles were the only things to be heard. I rested my head back on Harry’s chest. He kissed the top of my head and I closed my eyes.

            Liam started humming to What Makes You Beautiful. The others guys jumped in and soon enough they were all singing out loud. I smiled at them.

            “That’s what makes you beautiful.” Harry ended the song.

            I clapped and Harry kissed my forehead again. The six of us were like a family. We all cared for one another. No, we were a family. We were. There was nothing that could change that. I loved each and every one of these guys sitting around me. Nothing could change that.