Chapter 1

Just a disclaimer before you start reading...

I wrote this story (my first ever story I should add) when I was 14 and I was probably the biggest carrot and I fell in love with Harry Styles and blah blah blah. Having said that, a lot of parts in this story are quite carrotty and there are some Larry moments that, at the time I was writing this, I thought was appropriate to add. To be completely honest, I do not think this story is my best work. And while I've gotten very positive feedback and all that, I wish I could go back and edit every single chapter and make it all believable and make everything flow better, but that would take so much time that I don't have to change a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not trying to scare off readers - it's the opposite actually. I want you to read it (or as much of it as you can) and comment and stuff... I've been told parts are carrotty and unrealistic and I am more than aware of them and they make me cringe when I go back and read it. There are some chapters that I have edited which is why some chapters may seem more well written than others. I just wanted to let you all know this before you read. Please give it a chance though :) If you'd rather read something short, then I have a couple short stories that I wrote that I'm much happier with :) Okay, thank you for taking the time to read this, please enjoy <3

               Harry had this certain thing about him that I loved. It was just something about him that made me catch my breath whenever he walked into the room. It made my heart race at a hundred miles per hour, and when he said my name my heart would halt to a stop. His stupid little jokes were the funniest things in the world. He’d tickle me just to hear me laugh, and if I tried to get mad at him, he’d just pull me closer and kiss away the small creases in between my eyebrows.

            He’d play with my hair while we’d be sitting on the couch watching a movie together. He’d tell me that I looked even more beautiful today than ever. Then he’d tug me into his lap and kiss my cheek if I ever got scared or uncomfortable during the film and from there we’d cuddle until the ending credits came on.

            Harry knew exactly where my soft spot was underneath my jawbone so that’s where his lips went to first when he would give me a love bite. He did it to hear me let out a small moan. I honestly felt myself melting whenever his lips came in contact with mine. His kisses were always so loving and could turn from playful to sensual in a matter of seconds. It was the way his lips moved with mine, slowly at first, and never too demanding. Then his arms would slowly wrap around my waist. He’d slowly pull my body closer to his, as if we were molding into one person. Only then would he slide his tongue along my bottom lip to deepen the kiss. His touch electrified my senses and it was the greatest feeling in the world. Nothing could possibly be able to compare. Everything about his presence was overwhelming and I loved it.

            Harry’s voice was one of my favorite things about him. The deep, gorgeous British accent was all it took for me to come completely undone. It was just everything about him that was better than anything I could’ve hoped for. His eyes. His lips. The way his mouth moved when he said my name. It was perfect. Harry was perfect.

            And he was my boyfriend.

ONE YEAR PRIOR – MAYA’S P.O.V.       

            “You’re lying,” I said simply and turned around to continue washing whatever dishes I had left in my sink.

            “I am not! I saw it on an interview, Harry Styles is definitely moving into your apartment building,” my friend Alyssa exclaimed. I shook my head.

              “That can’t be true, why would he move here?” I looked at my best friend like she was crazy. Harry Styles was an international pop star. Why would he just randomly move into my apartment building, out of all of the ones in New York City? I mean, it was a decent apartment building, but still, there were more expensive ones that he’d be able to afford.

              Alyssa shrugged. “All he said was that he was moving into an apartment building in New York City and I heard some people talking about it downstairs in the lobby before I came up. I heard the name Harry Styles and then someone said, ‘Yeah, he’s moving into one of our apartments.’”

             “Really?” I asked, turning my head a little bit. Alyssa sat on the counter next to the sink and swung her legs back and forth, somehow not hitting the cabinets below.

             She nodded. “Yep!”

             I considered this and bit my bottom lip, scrubbing harder on the plate that I used for dinner. He would technically be the first famous person I've met. “Well that’s cool, now I can finally be able to meet him…” I replied looking at the remaining dishes I had to wash.

             I lived alone. I had moved into the apartment a couple months ago because of a job promotion I had gotten down the street. Sure, the apartment wasn't too big, but it was good enough for me. Just knowing I had an apartment of my own made me happy.

            “I better get going,” Alyssa said, hopping down to the floor.

            “Okay, thanks for coming over.” I smiled at her and dried my hands off before I gave her a hug goodbye.

            “Thanks for dinner, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She gave me a little wave before grabbing her purse and walking out of the kitchen.

            “Bye, I'll text you,” I called as she walked out of the door. And I was alone again. I was getting used to it by now. Sometimes it was nice when you had quiet time to yourself.

            I heard a knock on my door around ten minutes later. “Coming!” I called. I dried my hands off again and went to open the door. David, the man who sat at the front desk of my apartment building, was standing there with a big smile on his face.

            “Hey,” I greeted smiling, “What’s up?”

            “Hello Maya, I just wanted to tell you that there’s going to be a new person moving in next door to you.” I opened the door even more and let him step inside.

            “Really? Who?” I asked, even though I probably already knew the answer.

            “His name is Harry Styles,” David not knowingly confirmed.

            I raised my eyebrows. “Really?" I nodded my head a little bit and shifted the weight on my legs. "He's the one from that boy band, right?”

            He nodded, “Yeah…”

            “Cool, I’d like to meet him.” I smiled at him and he nodded.

            “He’ll be moving his things in tomorrow morning, so maybe you could show him around?  I don’t know how many times he’s been to New York City...”

            “Sure, sounds fun…” I replied, getting a little bit excited myself.

            “Great, thanks so much,” David said, appreciatively. "I'll talk to you Maya."

            “No problem, I’ll see you,” I said waving as he walked back out into the hallway and to the elevator. Wow, it was true. Harry Styles was really moving in next door to me.