Chapter 60

hey guys!!! i hope you like this one! :D so um yeah.... i don't relle have anything else to say except ENJOY!!!! haha comment, vote, and fan!!!! shmank you so much <333 haha BYEEEE!!! i love youuuuu!!! <3

MAYA’S P.O.V.

            I smiled at Harry and walked over to his seat. He put one hand on my waist and I kissed him.

            “Is everything alright Lou?” Harry asked not moving his hand, but looking over at Louis who was looking through the fridge.

            “Uh huh,” he replied, his back to Harry.

            Harry looked at me and I nodded smiling. Nothing happened. Harry wasn’t going to find out that Louis kissed me. He kissed me. Me. I was engaged to his best friend and he kissed me. I seriously had no idea what was going through his mind, but something wasn’t right.

            He told me he loved me. Louis loved me. What? Didn’t he know that we were just friends? And when did all this start? He never seemed to take much interest in me before Harry proposed…

            I closed my eyes and I felt Harry’s lips on mine again. I pulled away and sat down next to him, knowing Louis was in the room with us. He didn’t look at us. He finally closed the fridge and sighed. He left the kitchen.

            “What happened?” Harry asked.

            “It’s not important…” I said.

            “It looks like it is, he’s never like this Maya,” he replied.

            “I know… I think he just needs time to himself for a little while.”

            Harry nodded and I thanked god he didn’t ask anything else about what happened.

NIALL’S P.O.V.

            It rained that afternoon, so we were all stuck inside. Well, that is until I asked Emilee if she’d take a walk with me.

            “Niall… it’s raining…”

            “So?” I said smiling.

            She laughed a little, “Fine… But not too far from the house, I don’t want it to downpour on us.”

            “Great,” I said. We slipped on our flip-flops and walked out through the back door and onto the patio. The rain was coming down steadily, but not hard. “Let’s walk along the lake…” I suggested and Emilee nodded.

            We started walking, not saying too much. We got all wet even though we were under the trees bordering the lake. Our shirts were almost drenched by the time we reached the place where you couldn’t walk any further. It had taken us about fifteen minutes to get to here.

            “Should we turn back…?” Emilee asked.

            I bit my lip, “Sure… I guess there’s nothing else to do.”

            “We could go kayaking,” she said smiling widely.

            My mouth dropped in a smile, “Yes. Come,” I grabbed her hand and we walked pretty quickly back to the house. This was the first time we ever really held hands. She looked at the ground, making sure she didn’t trip on the wet grass and dirt, and also so that I didn’t see her face going red. But, I already saw and I thought it was adorable.

            We reached the house and went into the shed to the left of it. We found the two-man kayak and with a lot of struggle, managed to take it out of the shed and down to the water. We went back to get the oars.

            “Niall, put your life-vest on,” she said smiling.

            “Emilee,” I complained. She made me put my arms out so she could put it on me. It looked stupid. “Now here’s yours,” I said handing her one also. I did the same thing and we went down to the dock to get in the kayak together.

            “I hold it still while you get in,” I said putting my feet in it and securing it to the dock. Emilee nervously sat in the front seat, but relaxed quickly. She took her oar and I climbed in the back seat and grabbed mine. We pushed off the shore and out onto the lake.

            The rain was coming down a little bit harder now, but not a complete downpour.

            “Have you done this before?” Emilee asked.

            “Hundreds of times,” I said paddling my oar and looking at the ripples in the water. Once we got to the center of the lake, we stopped.

            “So…” Emilee said not turning around. If she did, the kayak would tip over.

            “Your hair’s all wet,” I said stating the obvious.

            She laughed and spun around to face me. Oh crap.  The kayak, being very unstable, tipped over and we fell into the lake. Emilee screamed and I swam over to her. Fortunately, our life vests kept us above water. I pulled her into my arms and she relaxed.

            “The water is s-so cold,” she stuttered.

            “Stay here,” I said. She obeyed and I went to go turn the kayak back up on the right side. We both started laughing.

            “Okay, how are we going to get back in?” I said as she swam over to where I was treading water.

            “I’ll try first since I’m smaller,” she said putting her hands on the side of the kayak. I tried to hold it still as she tried to haul herself up over the side and back into the front seat. The kayak only tipped towards her and she got caught underneath, still above the water though. I laughed and we tipped it back upright.

            “I’ll try first this time,” I said and I did the same as Emilee did, but to no avail. Stupid kayak.

            “Maybe if we try at the same time…?” she said. We tried that and ended up getting tipped over to the other side.

            “Okay, this isn’t working,” I said pointing out the obvious again. She laughed and pushed me in the water.

            “Hey!” I exclaimed laughing and doing the same. We ended up splashing each other until I finally pulled her into a hug.

            “So how are we getting back?” Emilee asked.

            “We’re gonna have to swim with the kayak and oars…” I said.

            She groaned, “Fine…” We gathered up everything and spent around half an hour hauling everything back to shore where our house was. We were exhausted by the time we reached the grass. We sprawled out next to each other, still catching our breath. The rain made us close our eyes, but we were still laughing.

            “Okay,” I said sitting up with Emilee following. We sat like that for a couple minutes until we were breathing evenly again.

            I stood up and helped Emilee up. We stood in front of each other, staring into each other’s eyes. I put my hands on her waist and it immediately started down pouring. Emilee didn’t flinch. She ran her hand through my dripping wet hair.

            “I think we should go get dried off…” she said, her eyes not leaving mine.

            “Okay, but first,” I pulled her closer to me and her arms went around my neck. I kissed her in the pouring rain. It was perfect. We stayed like that for a while until I finally pulled away. She smiled.

            “Yeah… um… we should go get dried off now…”
            I laughed a little, “That might be a smart idea,” I agreed and I took her hand and led her into the house, us both soaking wet.