Chapter 6

The next morning I was feeling a little bit better. It figured that the third day I’d known Harry Styles, I would get sick. I groggily walked out of my room and found Harry in my kitchen drinking coffee at my table and reading the newspaper.

            “Hey…” I said, not completely processing that he was just sitting at my table as if he lived here. I went over to the fridge, and then turned around to face him. “Wait, what are you doing here?”

            Harry looked at me and laughed a little bit. “Making sure you’re okay, but you were still asleep. I started your coffee though. And I didn’t take your newspaper, this is my own.”

            I exhaled and decided not to question why he was being so nice. I sat down across from him, not hungry for anything.

            “Feeling better?”                                     

            I shrugged, “A little bit I guess…”

            “A little bit is better than nothing,” he said smiling. I put my elbows on the table and I put my head in my hands. I was getting another headache.

            “You okay?”

            I nodded, but in reality I felt super dizzy. We were quiet for a couple minutes before Harry checked the time on his watch.

            “I have to get going, we have an interview today,” Harry said bringing his mug to the sink.

            “Oh, okay,” I sighed. “I’ll be here. I’m probably not leaving.”

            “Okay, love, I’ll see you later.” Harry stepped up to me and kissed my cheek.

            “Bye…” I tried to force a smile and watched as Harry walked out of my kitchen. The front door opened and clicked shut softly, and then I was alone.

            Later that day I needed some fresh air. I was starting to feel claustrophobic in my own apartment. I looked at the clock. It was only around 8:30. I could go for a quick walk around the park and be back in time before Harry got back. Geez, it was like I was married to the guy. He was always checking up on me like he was my husband or something. No, I couldn’t even think of that. The two of us were friends. We would never become anything more.

            I slipped my shoes on and walked out of my apartment.

            Once I stepped outside I felt like I was able to breathe again. I walked down the street and into the park at the end of it. I saw couples walking hand in hand and I kinda wished Harry was here with me. But, he was busy with One Direction stuff and he didn’t have time for the annoying girl who lived next door to him. I continued walking and thought to myself about things regarding work and my family. I reached for my phone in my pocket but realized I’d left it on the counter.

            The park started emptying after around twenty minutes and I slowly walked back to my apartment, enjoying the fresh air. It actually wasn’t that fresh considering it was New York City. It was pretty gross, but it felt nicer than my stuffy apartment. Traffic was everywhere and I ran in between waiting cars to get to the other side of the road and into my apartment building.

            “Hey David,” I said.

            “What’s up Maya?”

            “Not much…”