27. The Xenos Line

Lavender.
Knight Pack Border - South.

I opted to run alongside Damien and Leo for a change, instead of hiding out on trees. I did have a half empty gun on me though.

When we reached the border, we only saw a woman standing there. At first glance, she looked out of place in the thick forest.

Her Afro was yellow and green, neither neon - but soft colors that melded into the brown of her roots. She wore a pair of ripped jeans that fit snugly to her tall and curvy body, a bright orange sweater, and a pair of Timberlands.

She pulled a heavy duty gun out and pointed it right at Damien's skull the moment we stopped.

Well.

Karma? Is that you?

"Where are my parents?" She didn't break eye contact as we stared her down. I decided the truth was all we had to offer.

"Your father is dead, and your mother is chained in the Dungeons. She seems to be going rogue." Her face showed absolutely no hint of anger or pain. I breathed in and out quietly.

"Is Mr Steins here?" Her voice was softer, and suddenly the gun was on the dirt floor below.

"Liam Steins?" Damien seemed to have regained his voice now that the gun was no longer pointed at him.

"Yeah. Uncle Lia-" her eyes met Leo's.

-
To be very honest, I think I handled the whole mate thing much better than Leo and Kathleen. For starters, I didn't run right into my mate and hold them so tightly we ended up on the ground.

My brother did that.

Except we should have known Kathleen would have had back up because the moron ended up getting shot.

For wolves, we used too many guns. Know how human adults complain about technology taking over? That's werewolf adults with weapons.

The bullet barely grazed his shoulder, but it was enough for the few wolves who had accompanied us to surround their alpha. I snarled at anything that tried to cover me up.

"They're mates! You can't just shoot at them!!" An equally out of place man fell out of the sky, literally, and gave me a devilish smirk I was known to give when I fell out of the sky.

He irked me.

"Rodolfus Xenos." His eyes were like glass orbs of green, which literally made him look like a God descended upon the earth with his dark skin.

"A pleasure to meet the infamous Lavender Sinek who killed our bitch of a father." I was about to get all excited too, if Damien hadn't intervened. I could smell the jealousy rolling off of him in waves.

"Ah, Damien Knight. Alpha." His smile was small, almost taunting. For the rest of the trip back to the pack house, that was all he ever said to Damien. I wasn't as lucky, unfortunately.

"That time you raided our pack house, and took out forty wolves from the trees? Remember that?" He sounded almost like a fan girl.

"Well two of my brothers were there too, Rodolfus-"

"Yes but, it was inspiring. I watched u drop down and just smirk at them before you were gone. Sexy as hell." This elicited a furious snarl on Damien's behalf.

I didn't say anything.

"Anyways, that's what inspired me to learn the same thing. The whole jumping down thing is quite scary to be honest-"

"Rudy, stop. You're starting to sound like an annoying fan girl." Kathleen had finally broken away from my brother's embrace to notice her brother making a complete fool out of himself.

"I'm only a fan girl if Lavender here acts like a superstar." He glanced at me pointedly, at which I felt bad. He was overwhelming both physically and mentally, but it didn't mean I had to be a complete bitch about it.

"I spent most of my childhood on trees. Its kinda why I'm attached to them." I gave the two of them an easy grin, which made Rodolfus break out into a whole new set of questions about fighting techniques and the kind of guns I preferred.

Leonard Sinek
Knight Pack House

"You look beautiful." I murmured to Kathleen as I sat down next to her. We were in the balcony of her room, having retired early from everyone else. She went a little red, but then she gave me a look that said she was thinking about something serious.

"Are you okay?"

"I was just thinking," her eyes were glassy green, like marbles. It made my wolf go crazy with desire.

"Yes?"

"You're the alpha in line for your pack, and I'm the alpha in line for mine. Well actually, I am the Alpha now, I guess. " She gazed into my eyes worriedly, and I understood what her unasked question was.

"I can't give up my name." Her face fell, but I took hold of her chin and brought her eyes back up to meet with mine.

"Kathleen, when my father died he wanted me to protect what was left of our pack and avenge their deaths. I can't turn my back on his request."

"But you have two brothers!"

"Who are both definitely not cut out for the job." She frowned. "Ryd is my twin, I know. But he has told me he doesn't want to be alpha. And Maddox..." I trailed off, but said nothing.

Then as a second thought, added, "The chances of his mate being an alpha is too high."

"So you just want me to be your alpha female? What about the honor I have to my pack?!" I growled lowly.

"You have a brother too!"

"Have you seen him?! He's drooling all over your sister, acting like a fifteen year old talking about guns." She scoffed and leaned back in her chair.

"He can grow up, you know. We can train him?"

"Why can't we train Maddox?"

"Because I'M THE ALPHA OF THE SINEK PACK." I didn't realize my eyes had shifted, nor if I had just flung my chair off the balcony.

"Leo-"

"You need to understand this." I bent down to her level and tried my best to keep my wolf out of my voice. "You're my mate. I need you, and I will always be with you. But my pack is important to me. My pack isn't like yours or Damien's or anyone else's.

"My pack is literally nonexistent, and until the day we die; Lavender, Ryd, Maddox and I am loyal to the Sinek line. At least until we resurrect it.

"So please, I can't become a Xenos. I have my own pack to deal with."

Too harsh? 🤔
Edited