3. Throwbaaack

Lavender Sinek
Sinek Packgrounds, Montana US.
6 years ago.

"Come on, Sinek! Haven't you got any alpha blood in you?" Someone screamed from the crowd, making me whip my head and glare at the culprit.

My books lay scattered across the pavement, my bag abandoned. A pretty blonde she-wolf stood in front of me, her fangs already out. I'd avoided her and ignored her taunts all throughout my high school life, never the one to encourage drama.

I had alpha blood, but unlike my brothers who were always itching for a fight I preferred to stick to the books and not be in the center of attention. It didn't mean that I had no alpha blood, nor was it dormant in me.

I chose not to let it define me.

"Maybe it all diluted out." She retorted harshly, causing the crowd to laugh. My wolf was steadily growing more and more murderous. The calm exterior was fooling her to a point where she thought she could actually get out of this alive.

My father was an extremely good Alpha. While he didn't tolerate any kind of misconduct, he never reinforced himself onto his pack either. This resulted in me and my brothers coming up much more normally than most Alpha children. We didn't need power trips or displays of dominance to establish our position in the pack and we were comfortable as who we were.

Hence, I supposed, the stupidity on the part of my peers.

I had never been encouraged to, and neither had I wanted to become the queen bee or any kind of popular figure in school, unlike the beta's children - who acted like they owned the school.

School, not the pack.

"Alicia, you need to walk away." I kept my wolf out of my voice, but the strain showed through, causing her to laugh harder.

"What, Lavender? Scared?" I growled so viciously the crowd stilled.

"You want to fight me?" I asked, and I knew my eyes had shifted by the way everything went into high definition. She looked like she regretted it now, but never the one to back out of a fight, she nodded bravely.

I tugged my hoodie off so I was just in my old Ramones tee and my jeans. The autumn coldness whipped harshly at my skin, but I didn't care.

"Go on then." She charged.

-
"Lavender!" I looked up from my history textbook at my father, who looked as if he was stuck between congratulating me and scolding me.

"Pops?"

"You beat up the Beta's youngest daughter today." I grinned at him.

"Yupp. Heard she's still in the hospital?" My father sighed and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Honey, you can't beat up kids!"

"Daddy, she provoked me and insulted my bloodline." He didn't miss how I copied his tone, along with a tiny bit of sarcasm.

"Damn you and your mother's genes." I blinked up at him innocently and he laughed heartily before kissing my forehead. "What happened, now?"

It was a game me and my pops would play, where he wouldn't actually scold me for something wrong that I had done, but we would both pretend like he did.

"You scolded me real good, pops. I'm ashamed of my behavior and it will not be repeated unless absolutely necessary." He chucked quietly.

"That's my girl." He was about to get up when the front door burst open and a whirlwind of dirt and boy came in. They were so filthy I could barely tell who was who.