Chapter 8

"You need to stop." Roman said, glaring at Corey.
"Why? I don't think that there's anything wrong with what he's doing." Dean countered, earring a harsh look from Roman.
"Shut your mouth, Ambrose. You know god damn well why he should knock his shit off. It's because she's bold enough to confront his egotistical ass on his mistakes. But of course, he can't take that. No! He has to go out of his way to screw with her!" He snapped his head towards Corey, " and so help me, if I ever find out that you dared to lay a hand on the poor girl again, I will kill you."
He just stood up, threw his head back and laughed. "You see, you have everything wrong. Right now she's a good wrestler. But just imagine if she snapped, she'd be one of the best. Her going a little insane won't kill us all, besides she doesn't seem like the typical weak woman. In the long run, Rome, this is actually benefitting her! As for her confronting me for being in the wrong at times, I may have to," he cleared his throat loudly, "physical pain. The bitch needs to know her place; it certainly isn't being the one to call the shots."
"For a moment, I actually thought you might've had a brain. Guess I was wrong. Go ahead and be an ass, but know I'll be there to try and protect her from you insanity. What you're doing is wrong and Dakota doesn't need it. She doesn't need you. "
Roman shook his head and walked out of the room.
He muttered swears as he headed down the hall with his bag.
If Corey's intent was to make Dakota more skilled by pushing her to the verge of losing her sanity, he wouldn't be helping her.

-

-

-

-

"So who's your favorite superstar?" Dean asked the little kid in front of the group. The Shield and a few other people had to do a signing at a mall.
Dakota, if course, had to sit next to Corey. It was only because of their story line be jade she wouldn't have sat next to him given any other situation.
The little boy smiled brightly brides jumping up an down. "I like The Wyatts!"
Dean's face showed evident disgust.
"Why them? They're horrible! Besides, I'm much better than them! So who's your favorite superstar?"
The little kid laughed, "If you're better, then why did they beat your butt last week?"
Corey and Dakota both tried to stifle their laughs.
"Listen kid-"
"My name's Adam!" The kid interrupted.
"Ok, Adam. The Wyatts cheated, so it wasn't fair. I'm still better than them! So who's your favorite superstar?"
Adam smiled cheekily, "The Wyatts!"
Dakota burst ed out laughing as Dean groaned and refused to sign the poor kid's poster.

After a while, a few teenage girls came over.
"So are you two, like, a couple?" The small blonde asked.
Dakota laughed a little, "I guess you could say that."
"Really? Aw! I told you guys that they totally were! I'm always right." A brunette next to her squealed.
"Alright, so what can we do for you guys?" Corey asked.
One of the other girls looked over at them, "I don't actually think their together. I mean, why her? She's no good!"
Dakota rolled her eyes, "Listen, either you get something signed or leave. I'm not going all Katniss and Peeta to make you happy."
As she said that she felt someone's hand on her thigh.
She rolled her eyes and looked at Corey.
It was him. She could tell by the smirk plastered on his face.
She couldn't move his hand because one of the girls put a shirt down for her to sign.
After that, people just kept coming and asking her to sign things.
She bit her lip as his hand started to go higher.
"We're taking a short intermission! The divas and superstars will be back in an hour!" One of the officials announced.
Dakota let out a sigh and slapped his hand away after she finished signing a poster.
As soon as the Shield members were out in the parking lot, Dakota turned and went to slap him. He jumped out of the way.
Dean pulled her back roughly.
"Woah, Sweetheart. We don't want you doing anything stupid."
She wiggled out of his grasp and walked back towards Roman.
"I don't want you to ever do that again. You hear me?" She spat at Corey.
He never said anything, only smirked.
That seemed to be his reaction to everything, smirking.
"You know what? I'm going to the next city. Screw you, screw this and screw WWE." She yelled turning on her heel speed walking to her rental car.
She heard Roman and Seth yelling at them in the distance.
As long as she got away from the devil himself, she'd be fine.
But, there was a nagging feeling in the back of her brain. It made her actually want to see him.
She dismissed it as her being simply tired.