009

A/n:
Thank you guys for the 1k+ reads on this story I really appreciate it! :'))

"Are you okay Nanami?" Joshua voiced a concern.

Nanami shook her head and smiled, "I'm never better." She lied. Her thoughts went to this morning, with Chan and Jihoon.

What did Joshua do to provoke Chan so much?

"Hey Joshua." She said getting his attention. "I don't know much about you." She gave an airy chuckle. "How about you tell me a little about your childhood?"

Joshua seemed to tense up on screen but sigh. "Sorry, my connection is slow here." Joshua apologized almost ending their call.

"Joshua." Nanami said with desperation in her tone.

Joshua sighed, "Well I was born in America then moved to Korea a few years ago. Nothing much, both my parents were there and loved each other and me. We're still a happy family. To be honest most of it was a blu-blur."

Nanami caught the hesitation in his voice at the end. Joshua was lying. He must've knew something. He must've had a secret. And she was willing to find out. But it was clear he didn't want her to know, who could blame him? They aren't even that close.

Nanami cocked her eyebrow, "So why does Chan even hate you in the first place?" She asked.

Joshua shrugged, "Some immature thing I can assume, it was childish don't worry." He faked a sweet smile. "So how was your day?" He'd asked changing topics.

"Oh it was okay, a little boring but it's school..." Nanami replied. Her eyes glared at her screen. Chan had sent her a text message.

99.LChan:
What the fuck happened in the morning?

ㅡHotPotatoes:
I had a small falling out with Jihoon

99.LChan:
So you're the one who exposed him

ㅡHotPotatoes:
Guilty as charged :')

99.LChan:
What kind of fucking entertainment is this to you? He actually loved Eunhee

ㅡHotPotatoes:
Love doesn't exist in our generation

ㅡHotPotatoes:
It's all just lust in disguise

ㅡHotPotatoes:
If Jihoon really loved Eunhee then he wouldn't have cheated, would he?
Seen 6:19pm

99.LChan:
Okay "Shakespeare" Calm down a but with that deep crap

99.LChan:
How long do I have to deal with you?

ㅡHotPotatoes:
Just be my protection for the rest of the school year and then you'll never heard from me again

99.LChan:
So I just have to pretend to date you until Summer

ㅡHotPotatoes:
Congrats! You actually understand

ㅡHotPotatoes:
I was worried I'd have to dumb it down for you

99.LChan:
Shut up

"Nanami? Nanami are you still there?" Joshua's words over the phone averted her attention.

"Huh what?" Nanami asked.

Joshua let out a chuckle, "I'm sorry, are you sleepy?"

Nanami decides to lie, there was no reason he had to know about Chan. She faked a yawn over the phone, "Yeah, sorry I'm tired."

Joshua hummed in respond, "N-no it's okay. You should get your sleep, we have school tomorrow. I should sleep too."

Before she could end the call she heard calming hums and lullabies. "Joshua?" She called out. "Were you singing?"

Joshua hummed a yes in response.

Nanami smiled, "You have a nice voice, can you sing me to sleep?"

"S-sure." Joshua stuttered.

Joshua softly sang childhood lullabies which hypnotized Nanami into her slumber.