008

Nanami kept her eyes glued to her phone screen as she strolled down the halls. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and licked her lips.

"Hey you!" A voice behind her shouted furiously.

The Japanese turned back and spotted a boy around her height. He had a oversized black sweater accompanied by ripped jeans. His hair and face was covered by a dark hat.

Nanami faked a genuine smile. "S-sorry, I don't speak Korean very well." Nanami made sure to stutter and struggle while saying such an easy phrase for her.

This is child's play

She thought to herself.

"Are you Nanami Fujimoto?" The boy asked with his hands balled up into fists.

Nanami couldn't lie, it was obvious she wasn't Korean. It wasn't easy for her to hide, especially when most of the school's population was Korean.

"Excuse me? I h-... have to go to the classes." Nanami made sure to speak unclear sentences to throw the boy off but he was relentless.

"Bullshit." The boy spat out. "You ruined my relationship with Eunhee." He pointed a finger at the Japanese.

Nanami cocked an eyebrow, it all made sense to her now. That boy was Lee Jihoon, the one she exposed throughout the school for being a horny cheat. She looked from the corners of her eyes to see any witnesses for her to act victim but there was no one. So she did the next choice available, she ran.

Nanami ran up the stairs of the building hopefully finding someone to help her. A string of curses fell from Jihoon's mouth as he followed after her. Nanami made it to the top of the building. She ran down the hallways turning every doorknob hoping that one of them would open up and offer her safety.

"Shit." Nanami cursed in Japanese.

She'd spotted light coming out from the window of a classroom and took a chance. Nanami ran to the door and started pounding her fists against it hoping to get the teacher's attention and help her but that wasn't the case.

A teacher didn't open the door, Lee Chan did.

"What're you doing here?" Chan asked with a scowl.

"HEY YOU GET BACK HERE!" Jihoon wasn't far behind.

Nanami wrapped her arms around Chan and buried her face in his chest. "Save me from him or I'll expose your little secret."

Nanami felt Chan's body stiffen and his fists clench. "You're-"

"Chan move away." Jihoon ordered.

"Play along." Nanami whispered into his ear.

Suddenly Chan's expression changed. "What business do you have with her?" He asked Jihoon menacingly.

"Just move away, you don't have any part in this." Jihoon warned once more.

"But I do." Chan wrapped his arms around Nanami. "She's my girlfriend."

The hallway grew silent. Nanami only felt the pressure of Chan pulling her closer.

"Seriously Chan? You're going to be this way after all we've been through?" Jihoon questioned to get Chan to debate.

"Our friendship ended when you chose his side instead of mine." Chan fired back. Nanami couldn't help but feel her curiosity rise but she brushed it off. It wasn't her place to be curious at this time.

"Chan." Jihoon's voice softened. "It wasn't Joshua's fault..."

Joshua? Joshua Hong?

"Bullshit!" Chan shouted out. Veins popped from his skin. His hands balled up into fists. "Just leave us alone god damn it." Chan said clearly pulling one of Jihoon's strings.

Jihoon couldn't utter another word, instead he just walked away and left.

Chan let go of Nanami. "Coast is cleared, he left." Chan turned around.

"Hey Chan." Nanami got his attention.

"What do you want?"

"Thanks, for playing along..."

"I mean you're blackmailing me anyways so." Chan stated. "I wouldn't of helped you if you weren't blackmailing me."

"Oh, right. I forgot you don't help anyone but yourself." Nanami huffed out her breath while Chan packed his backpack up ready for the incoming school day. "Also, is the Joshua you were talking about the Joshua I know, Joshua Hong?"

Chan stopped for a brief moment before replying, "None of your business."