1

His name was Byun Baekhyun, an orphan, but adopted by an old couple who had a normal standard living when he was seven years old. However, the couple died after Baekhyun had graduated from medical university.

So, basically, he had no relatives and he lived alone in Seoul.

Checking out the fried egg on the frying pan, Baekhyun quickly made a cup of coffee for his breakfast. Living alone was difficult when the whole house chores had to be done by him and only him.

He turned off the electric stove when the egg was fried enough for him to eat. A fried egg, a piece of bread and a cup of coffee did not give required nutrients for a boy at the age of 26 but as he needed to reach the bus stop in time, such breakfast was fine.

The daily life of Byun Baekhyun was so easy and simple. He got up from bed, ate breakfast and prepared to go to the hospital, reached there and worked and ate lunch, returned home if he didn't have a night duty, ate dinner and slept. His daily routine was super simple before he met a certain someone.

Baekhyun remembered, it was on a sunny day with a zero percent chance of rain as the weather forecast said. He was late about half an hour because he missed the bus he usually took and got scolded by the lead nurse.

It was when he first saw him, a very handsome patient with a branded watch on his wrist.

* * *

In the looking glass, the reflection of a young doctor was pretty messy. The duty coat was untidy so did his unstyled grey brown coloured hair. Dark circles were under his eyes due to the lack of sleep for two days since he unluckily got night duty for two days straight, the first day was his actual duty but the second day was a replacement for his dear friend, a Chinese who was born in Korea and studied in Japan.

The name tag, Byun Baekhyun, proudly stood on the left chest place of the duty coat and the doctor's small face was half covered with his huge 80s style golden specs. He was initially from the child neurology ward but unfortunately, he got replaced in the place of a doctor who left the ward for his further degrees and got to work in general neurology ward now.

"Hey, baby 614!"

Baekhyun looked around to see who called him by the new nickname he got in the ward. It was a friendly senior called Minki.

"Go home and rest. You don't have night duty for tonight, right?"

"I don't have any duty tonight, sunbae. I am planning to go home soon, too."

"Ah, lead nurse Kim is calling for you."

Baekhyun nodded his head and quickly ran out of the rest area to the reception where the lead nurse might be. And really, the lead nurse was there with a tray of syringes in her hand.

"Did you call for me?"

"Yes, I want you to change the IV needle for the patient in the VIP room 614."

"I will go change now."

"And don't forget to check the drip bag, too!"

"I know!"

Baekhyun ran to the elevator to climb to the floor number 6, the VIP floor. His heart skipped a beat every time he thought about the patient in the room number 614. He had a crush on the patient and that was why his nickname became baby 614.