Maybe it was just a mistake. Maybe I didn't see skin color behind me? Or did I? My life is filled with confusion. Never knowing what I am or who I am. No one knows who they are, but this is literal. I have color changing eyes for goodness sakes!

Or here's an idea. Maybe one of the townspeople were coming at me from behind? No. I saw them all leave. The only thing behind me was Mr. Wolf that I keep seeing.

I was just sitting on my computer chair, tapping my fingers on the desk. Suddenly I heard a crash downstairs. I stood up and ran to check what had happened.

There were pieces of wood and glass everywhere. And a crowd in the doorway. The townspeople. What the hell were they doing on MY property? They've got tons of their own!

"You there! Anabelle George!" Someone to the front yelled. Now I was mad. What the fuck did they want with me now? They couldn't be here to kick me out! Could they? Mr. Kenny left this property to me.

"What the hell are you doing on my property?" I yelled. They all flinched or something because of my eyes, I thought. "Well?"

The front man looked up as I stepped up to the doorway. There was no mayor, so they weren't here to kick me out. They couldn't without a reason and permission.

"Answer me!" I yelled again. Obviously they don't get the picture. They are trespassing and while I give them a chance to speak, they hold their tongue.

"We...We would like you... to... to stop..." Someone in the crowd started.

"We would like you to stop defiling our houses! And stay away from our kids!" I looked at the woman who had spoken. She was one of the ones I had encountered when I was younger. One of those who used a broom on me like I was a pig.

I laughed. They all looked confused and I laughed harder. "It wasn't me!" I breathed out.

"Then who was it? Who could have done it? It has to be her!" I heard being murmured through the crowd.

"I'm NOT DEAF!" I screamed. I was still mad. Now I had their attention. "If you leave now, I won't sue you." I pushed out. I had every right to get rid of them. They were on my property.

The crowd looked about and practically tripped over one another just to leave. Except for one. A girl. Another orphan. She stood there just staring at me. She was about thirteen. A girl who would never again see her parents. Just like me.

"Well?" I said. "What do you want?" She simply bowed her head in thanks, I'm guessing.

"Do you have food you can spare?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah. Hold on. Stay right there though. I'll be right back." I went to the kitchen and grabbed a roll that was left with me from the other day. I grabbed a baggie and placed it inside. From the fridge I grabbed some strawberries and put them in another bag. Then I went back outside. She was in the same position, her head bowed. "Here!" I said as I tossed the baggies. She caught them, said her thanks, and ran away.

I looked at the broken down door. Sighing I simply left it as I went to the phone. Everyone who has a phone has a number for service from the city. I dialed. "Hello? Hi. I would like to have someone come down to fix the front door. Yes that will be fine. Thanks."

Now how was I going to get a hold of the money?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was pacing. "What to do? What to do?" I murmured. There were tons of things I could do to make money. I could sell some stuff, go to the bank, or get a job. However, all of them included going outside and making an appearance. I didn't want to do that just in case somebody didn't get the message. Jobs pay too little anyways, and selling takes too long. The bank is also out because it's in the middle of town.

I went upstairs looking for hidden money. I know for a fact that Mr. Kenny loved stashing money in hard to get to places. That way no thief could steal it all at once. I remember he told me a few of the places with little bits of money. So I decided I'd start a scavenger hunt... by myself.

One place that always stuck in my mind was in the bathroom. Mr. Kenny was crazy to do this. I thought. But at least it might save me. First I decided to put up plastic on the front door. Also was a note saying "If you dare- enter. Either way, I'll come after you."

Most people in the town didn't want to get sued or anything of the like. If anyone was okay with that, I stuck a surprise for them behind the plastic.

I walked upstairs to Mr. Kenny's room. I had left it untouched since he died. The clean smell had stayed, although there was dust everywhere. I walked to the bathroom and looked around. If I remembered correctly, there were two baggies stashed here.

I looked in the cupboard under the sink. Because I couldn't see it I decided to stick my hand in, even though it might be a bad idea.

My hand scraped across wood and part of the counter top. I put my hand as far as the back then below the counter. When I moved my hand closer to me, I felt a piece of plastic and tugged at it.

There was a piece of paper stuck on it that said "For Ana. Use if the towns people go overboard."

I frowned and opened the baggie. There were two pieces of brownish paper that had the stamp of the city and I knew instantly how saved I really was.

I looked around again. There should be another baggie in here. I checked the whole bathroom. Then I frowned. I raised my head, stood up, and stared at the ceiling. There was another baggie taped there, just out of the mirror's reflection.

"How the hell am I going to get that?!?" I hissed angrily.

Then I frowned down on the stool that was used for sitting on while you did your hair or whatever. Caring for me beyond the grave he was. 'Thank You' I mouthed at nothing. I used the stool to get the other baggie.

Mr. Kenny is without a doubt my savior in life and death. I wonder if I'll have another in life?